Profile Picture

292 main cap bolts

Posted By redrod39 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thank you carl , I really appreciate that.
carl
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

Steve  I shipped the bolt out today by usps,should get to you early next week.  Carl

carl
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Sorry about the mistake,the bolts I have are 2 7/8 " long,and yes I do know how bolts are measured just had a senior moment    Carl 
redrod39
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)

You don't include the head when measuring bolts, you always measure from UNDER the head.
Ted
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Bolt lengths are typically measured as ‘under the head length’.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

carl
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

redrod39 (11/18/2015)

I got my block back from the machine shop and I measured one of the main cap bolts. It measures 2 and 15/16. My address is, Steve Takacs 25 holly cir. Midway, GA. 31320.

Steve. not sure how you measured your bolt but the ones I have are 3 1/4 " long that is total length including the head.  Carl

redrod39
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

I got my block back from the machine shop and I measured one of the main cap bolts. It measures 2 and 15/16. My address is, Steve Takacs 25 holly cir. Midway, GA. 31320.
redrod39
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

I will measure one when I get them back from the machine shop
Ted
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Knowing what year block you have could help but a quick measurement on your end would simplify this.  I have an assortment of those main cap bolts in a box but do need to know the length you need so you can be helped.  As stated earlier, the main cap bolt lengths were not a consistent length during the years of manufacture for the Y engines.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

carl
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

redrod39 (11/13/2015)

Send me both, then I could send you back the other if you want. Stakman57@yahoo.com. Stecpve Takacs 25 holly cir, Midway ga,31320. Email me so I can send you postage. Do you have Paypal?

I would be a lot easier if you just measure the ones you have so I can just ship you one,no charge   Carl

Reading This Topic

Site Meter