Profile Picture

292 main cap bolts

Posted By redrod39 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I would like to know if anyone has a 292 parts motor that I can get a main cap bolt from. I lost one between home and the machine shop.
carl
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
redrod39 (11/6/2015)
I would like to know if anyone has a 292 parts motor that I can get a main cap bolt from. I lost one between home and the machine shop.
where are you located.  Carl

redrod39
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)

25 Holly cir, Midway,Ga 31320
Steve Takacs
NoShortcuts
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Welcome to the site, Steve.

Hmmmm...  Remember that there are two lengths of 292 main cap bolts.

1955 - April (?) 1959 are the shorter bolts
May (?) 1959 [B9AE 6015-F blocks and thereafter] - 1964 are the longer ones.

The longer main cap bolts will not fit the earlier blocks unless you drill the main bearings saddle holes slightly deeper (two lip end mill cutter, not a standard drill bit) and use a bottoming tap to extend the depth of the thread to the bottom of the drilled main cap bolt hole.

Click the link below for John Mummert's listing of engine block casting ID info.
http://www.ford-y-block.com/Block%20identification.htm

Hope this helps   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
carl
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

redrod39 (11/6/2015)
25 Holly cir, Midway,Ga 31320
Steve Takacs
Steve give me the length you  need and I will send you one   Carl

redrod39
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Send me both, then I could send you back the other if you want. Stakman57@yahoo.com. Stecpve Takacs 25 holly cir, Midway ga,31320. Email me so I can send you postage. Do you have Paypal?
PF Arcand
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
Steve: If you lay out your bolts & examine them carefully, you should be able to tell which length one is missing..

Paul
carl
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

redrod39 (11/13/2015)

Send me both, then I could send you back the other if you want. Stakman57@yahoo.com. Stecpve Takacs 25 holly cir, Midway ga,31320. Email me so I can send you postage. Do you have Paypal?

I would be a lot easier if you just measure the ones you have so I can just ship you one,no charge   Carl

Ted
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Knowing what year block you have could help but a quick measurement on your end would simplify this.  I have an assortment of those main cap bolts in a box but do need to know the length you need so you can be helped.  As stated earlier, the main cap bolt lengths were not a consistent length during the years of manufacture for the Y engines.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

redrod39
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

I will measure one when I get them back from the machine shop

Reading This Topic

Site Meter