Profile Picture

Manual disc brakes.

Posted By 62bigwindow 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Months Ago
How much of an improvement are manual discs over the factory drums? I want to upgrade the fronts and maybe rears(depending on which axle I use) to discs.If it is a big improvement I would rather just upgrade the master cyl and forgo the booster.

Durham Missouri

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Manual disc brakes. By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Disk brakes do not stop as fast as drums, drums have more swept area... By Louis Champeau ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post That's interesting. Not that I doubt you but I wonder why then the... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post There's a lot of different opinions on this. I think the the old... By miker ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post When I changed my 54 to discs in the front (Granada conversion) I... By paul2748 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Are you running manual or power on your bird? I plan on doing the disc... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post As far as stopping power, I really didn't notice a difference when I... By charliemccraney ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post My 62 has 4 wheel discs but it's not done yet so it will be a while... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post My 'bird has a hydroboost unit, powered off the power steering. I... By miker ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I upgraded to disc front brakes on my 57 bird. See some of my previous... By MarkMontereyBay ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post A friend in Hawaii was running drum brakes on the front of his 70... By MoonShadow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post What duel chamber master is the most direct bolt on? Also what is the... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Might be something useful here... By miker ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I performed the disc brake conversion almost 13 years ago on my 56 and... By Canadian Hot Rodder ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Does it matter what year Granada is used? By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Bigwindow, No it doesn't matter, I used 77 Granada spindles from a... By Canadian Hot Rodder ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Which prop valve did you use? I assume the 56 will not work since it's... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I was actually told that some conversions (like Drop-N-Stop) don't... By Canadian Hot Rodder ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post If you use the Granada/Monarch spindles look for 1975 to 1980 donor... By '60 Fairlane ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post The Mustang '71 to '73 disc knuckles are the same as the Granada - but... By GREENBIRD56 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post So I should be looking for Mustang 71-73 spindles? I think they might... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post How much it changes the height of the car is a good question.. Have... By PF Arcand ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'm pretty sure you will have to switch to 15" wheels or an... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Lowering the car with the spindles is always better in my opinion -... By GREENBIRD56 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post The small car steering knuckles - Mustang / Falcon / Maverick /... By GREENBIRD56 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Funny you should mention the Lincoln Versailles. I just bought a set!... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Myself - I think if you have the Versailles knuckle parts, you should... By GREENBIRD56 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks GreenBird. I did a quick search for parts and found everything... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter