Profile Picture

T85/T86

Posted By 62bigwindow 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Is there any difference in physical size between the two trans? I am swapping from a 6 to a y block in my Ranch Wagon and would like to upgrade to the T85. I thought a but a T5 but I like the nostalgia of the three speed.

Durham Missouri

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post T85/T86 By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post The T85 is physically bigger (and heavier) than the T86. The T86 is a... By Dobie ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post How can you tell one from the other from the outside? By steinauge ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post The T86 is a top load trans case from my understanding. The T85 is... By Daniel Jessup ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post You might consider a T85 with Overdrive. Its a 30% reduction in RPMs... By Richard ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I use a T85 with OD behind my Y in my 57. My T85 was from a 61... By 57RancheroJim ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post The one I am looking to buy is an overdrive. I am just trying to... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]62bigwindow (6/4/2015)[/b][hr] Is there any difference in... By Ted ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post If you get a T-85 make sure it comes with the tail shaft yoke.. They... By RB ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post What mod did you have to do to the crossmember Ted? I assume you had... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Royce's and Ted's information pertaining to T-85 driveshaft yokes and... By NoShortcuts ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]62bigwindow (6/7/2015)[/b][hr] What mod did you have to do... By NoShortcuts ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]NoShortcuts (6/9/2015)[/b][hr] ..... Ford application T-85s... By Ted ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Ted (6/9/2015)[/b][hr] [quote][b]NoShortcuts... By 57RancheroJim ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post The solenoids are being repopped now. Not cheap, though. Try Fifth... By Dobie ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Dobie (6/9/2015)[/b][hr] The solenoids are being... By 57RancheroJim ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Fifth Avenue looks to have just about everything. They even have the... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post The t85 od I am looking at is out of a 60 'bird. The seller said that... By 62bigwindow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]62bigwindow (6/13/2015)[/b][hr] The t85 od I am looking... By Dobie ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]62bigwindow (6/7/2015)[/b][hr] What mod did you have to do... By Ted ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thank you for the answer rev. By steinauge ( 9 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter