Profile Picture

2015 Engine Masters Challenge participants have been selected.

Posted By Ted 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

2015 Engine Masters Challenge participants have been selected.

Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I'm not sure but I think its got side by side ports.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

LordMrFord
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
That would be something.
I forget that he uses alu heads.
Aluminum is much easier to modify that way than cast iron.

Hyvinkää, FI
glrbird
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Mr. Mummert, are you talking about the head?

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

Rowen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Any word yet on the vintage class? Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Grumpy1
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)Turbocharged (74 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Go to hod rod magazine.  Engine masters challenge 2015.  Looks like Jon kasse won. 

Im hoping Barry Rabotnick with his Fe runs well and possibly beats the big blocks tomorrow.
MarkMontereyBay
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Edit; Kaase made 477HP 557TQ average on 3 pulls, the Lincoln did 463HP, Ted did 542HP. The Packard made 445HP. I can't find anything on Barry's FE. I think he is running tomorrow (Friday).

http://www.hotrod.com/events/engine-masters-challenge/

57 Black Tbird 312/auto

pegleg
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Excellent Ted. I think you gathered some attention with that. Even Kaase had to be impressed!

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

MarkMontereyBay
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Yep... I am rereading the report online and it says that Kaase reached nearly 600 peak torque with the 557 being an average over three pulls. The HP number is 477.
Ted's torque wqs 496.

57 Black Tbird 312/auto

Rowen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Do you think the ports twist from the heads to the intake inside that adaptor? Some serious engineering going on there.... Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
The reporting on the event is terrible.  In one article,  it says Kaase was 477hp.  In another it says 583.  All the numbers they've provided are average peak numbers which is not at all relevant to the scoring system.
Ted's engine is indicated to have made the exact same hp and tq as the Poly 318, and has LS7 HIlborn efi, factory cast iron heads, ported, according to the report.  While it is certainly possible that it produced the exact same numbers as another engine, it is not very likely and given all of the other errors, I'm sure that is a mistake as well.

So at this point, we don't really know how it has turned out.  IF the numbers reported are correct, then Ted has won as Kaase did not produce enough power and torque for his displacement.  That's IF they are correct, and my guess is they are not.

I hope there is a results article or summary with accurate info.  Or maybe Ted or Royce will chime in with the real scoop.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter