Profile Picture

2015 Meltdown Drags at Byron, Il July 17-19 2015

Posted By Vic Correnti 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
The registration opened Jan. 2nd so if we have a shootout there again we need to get registered, it costs nothing to register, I am #236. There was over 500 cars last year, it is a heads up 66 and older cars, stock to wild, many gassers.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

Larry Short
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Vic,
I'm thinking about going to it with my 56. Do they have a web site to registrar at, or what is the best way to do it ?
Thanks
Larry Short

Vic Correnti
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Your car will rock there. The site is http://meltdowndrags.com/pre-register/. Just click the preregister tab at the top.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

Larry Short
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Thanks Vic,

I went to site and pre registered just now. I guess that means I'll need to have my stuff ready.

Larry Short 
Larry Short
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Vic, just got my register number for the race # 299. They said there only taking so many cars. Didn't say what the cut off would be.

Larry Short
Vic Correnti
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Larry, last year they had as I remember over 500 entries. They run the old gas classes which is fun for heads up racing. I enjoy it because of the cars you get to race against like Willy's, Henry J's, Anglia's, old vintage type hot rods like it was in the day. Bob pays for every scrub you beat which is easy money. This year they are running gassers only on Saturday afternoon which for me is nice to be able to watch instead of racing. Saturday has always been the big day in the past so this change should be interesting. It would be nice if more Y-blockers would show up for it.

RB
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I wonder what their rules are on what constitutes being a "gasser".. I plan to be there.  just got my OK from registration..They might take more than 500 cars now that they know and can prepare but not a whole lot more  the place was packed.. We do need more Y blockers!!  I think Tom D will have his Ranchero..  
RB
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I am # 319. This thing is going to fill up fast
Bob Martin
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Wow, 319 already - better get my '56 Mercury pre-registered!!!  Have the following ready (from their Website info), and use Vic's link above:
1) Name; 2) Address (street, city, state, zip); 3) Phone Number; 4) Year/Make/Model; 5) Picture of the vehicle you are bringing (with the correct [era correct] wheels on it); 6) Car group or organization you are part of;  Go with Y-Block Group; 7) Mode of transportation to the track (driving the car in, truck and open trailer, camper and open trailer, encolsed trailer, etc); 8) Length of the rig you are bringing.

The reason they ask for the last two are because of space limitations with 500 race cars and both pit and spectator pits full last year. They had to use farm fields across the street last year.
Bob Martin, Cincinnati

Bob Martin
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Ouch, I'm number 358 - they picked up 39 entries in 3-days!!!  Getting too close to 500 with 6-months to go

Reading This Topic

Site Meter