Profile Picture

2015 Meltdown Drags at Byron, Il July 17-19 2015

Posted By Vic Correnti 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hey Guys,

Is there a motel that is a good place to stay when at the Melt Down Drags.
I think the way it's filling up for the race I better my reservations now to make sure to get a room.

Larry Short 
Vic Correnti
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Larry, I was waiting on RB to comment on this since he stays somewhere when he comes. I don't know if you are a camper, but I usually stay at the track in a camper. Last year I slept in my truck, they do have a shower. I will be in my camper this year. The Byron Dragway site lists some Motels, which most are about 30 minutes from the track. The local police let us drive into the town of Byron with open headers and slicks for dinner each night which is nice. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

Larry Short
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Thanks Vic,
I have a 39' RV I could bring but it's to much of a hassle, plus the cost of fuel.
My wife a daughter will probably come with me and they like to leave the track and go shopping . 
Sounds pretty cool about driving cars in to town, Can't wait !!!

Larry Short
RB
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Larry I stay in Rockford around the intersection of I-39 and hwy 20.. Lots of shopping and hotels right there.. It is quite a haul to the track but is probably the best option for the women folk  lol  I know because my wife will be with me as well.
pegleg
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I've tried three times to pre register. Have not been able to. Guess it's sold out.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

pintoplumber
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
Frank, if you can't get in, come to Beaver Springs the week before. It's their York US 30 nostalgia weekend. Bob Martin says we can race 3 days. Linda Vaughn is supposed to be there.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
ian57tbird
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
We stayed at a Rockford Walmart, not far from Tom's house. The price was right.w00t
Larry Short
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I just made hotel reservations at the Fairfield Inn in Rockford Il. for the Melt Down Drags. It's about 25 miles from track. Girl said they were filling up fast. Is this a good place to stay or is there something closer that would be better ?

Thanks,
Larry Short
ecode ragtop
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Larry, I don't think you are going to find any thing closer, and there is a lot of shopping close to there. The Cherryvale mall. Also a lot of good places to eat. If you need any help, with any thing just call. Tom Drummond 815-871-8017

JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD!!! TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR 57 FORD INTERNATIONAL
Larry Short
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thank you, I guess if your going and need a room, better not wait to long. They said most of their rooms were booked.

Larry Short

Reading This Topic

Site Meter