Profile Picture

New Member!

Posted By MissVanDeVille 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hi all, my name is Betsy and have a 54' Ford Customline I call Kruella! She has a 223 in her and Its been almost a week since I bought a 312 Y Block. Going to rebuild and drop her in the 54' gonna need some advice and help. I am new to place!
Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
Betsy;
Welcome to the forum! There is no shortage of knowledge here when it comes to Y Blocks. Just ask away and good luck with your project!
Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hello Betsy, and welcome.
Where are you located?

South Australia

MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)

Kansas
MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Thank you
paul2748
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Welcome.  I did just what you plan to do - a 312 in a 54 Ford, although my 54 was an original V8 car which made things easier.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Paul that is badass, love my 54! Bought her when I was 17-18 and now 26 I never want to get rid of her! Did pretty much wverything on her other than the trany work
NoShortcuts
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Welcome to the Forum, Betsy.

Your '54 sedan looks great.  Déjà vu for me.  My first ever car purchase was a '54 Mainline business coupe from Arizona.  Business coupes came with no back seat.  Like Paul, mine was originally a V-8 with standard trans linkage when produced.  Purchased with no engine or trans, I initially installed a '54 239 with 3 speed overdrive, added  a '54 Merc intake and carb and found that '55 Ford dual exhaust manifolds cleared the clutch linkage.  My first ever engine rebuild was a '56 Merc 312 for it.  My recollection is that the registration weight on the car was 3100 lbs.

We're going way back on this... I remember changing the steering wheel because it was soooo big.  I also remember swapping the spindle steering arms using '56/'57 'Bird arms to improve the steering ratio.

Regards,

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
glrbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Congrats Betsy on not wanting to shove a late model engine in it. lots of parts can be had at http://www.ford-y-block.com/ and lots of part numbers. You have a great looking car, what are your plans for the future other than the engine swap. Disk brakes would be helpful when you get your 312 installed. Good luck!

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

Y block Billy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Welcome to the site Betsy! A couple things I can think of you may need is the 54 style front mount, Y block style Bell housing, (you dont state if your car is standard or auto) Congrats on putting a peroid correct motor in there and keeping it all Ford.
As far as disc brakes go I am a non beleiver in them, every vehicle I have with disc shakes like a SOB when stopping hard, just picked up an 04 taurus as a winter beater and the first attention I have to give to it is new disc in the front it shakes so bad. Drums work fine when maintained well, they never put disc on dump trucks and drums stop them fully loaded.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

Reading This Topic

Site Meter