Profile Picture

New Member!

Posted By MissVanDeVille 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Awesome!  I got my truck when I was 17, too, now 31.  I'd get rid of it for the right price.  But no one who is sane would seriously offer me that "right price," it's a whole lot more than it is worth.

Lawrenceville, GA
NoShortcuts
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Another thought, Betsy.  IF you haven't already, you may want to consider joining the '54 Ford Club
From an ad in Y-Block Magazine...
'54 Ford Club of America
-Hundreds of '54 Fords, Quarterly Newsletter, Technical advice, Resource information, Annual dues $20, Bi-annual convention

Tom Hoskins - President
1400 W. Mayfield Rd.
Suite 340
Arlington, Texas  76015
phone 817-466-8088
email - HoskinsTom@yahoo.com

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Talkwrench
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Welcome aboard and be amongst this fine band of misfits..
Go girl!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/02c74785-3ce2-4b80-a66c-f31f.jpg

"Came too close to dying to stop living now!"
CK
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi and welcome.
Kruella looks cruisey 
And as you know it all takes time and effort, was it always the dream to have Kruella a V8?

MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
@GRLBIRD - Thanks, I have always thought Y Blocks were badass. Always wanted to do a flathead v8 with a three deuce and so on, but they stopped making flatheads in 53', wanted to be correct on the year. LOVE FLATHEADS! Gonna be my next tattoo. Future plans, are finishing the last of the upholstery, paint, touching up dash, detail work, definately getting the motor rebuilt (just picked it up last night). I have disc brakes on there now (granada) will make it easier when I purchase the drop kit.

@Y BLOCK BILLY - automatic, talking about the motor mounts?

@CharlieMcCraney - I first purchased her when I was at a car show in St. Jo, Missouri. $3700. Had $1500 dollars down on her and it was just a dream come true. still have the holley glass bowl carburetor on her, when I first test drove her she was overflowing and so on. pretty easy fix carb kit and it was the needle and seat. The guy had no idea what the hell was going on and I thought I got a good buy for it!

@NoShortcuts  - Thank have heard of your club, and we will see.

@TalkWrench - Thank you im excited!!!!!!!!!!!

@CK - Yes it was, when I bought her and as of right now she has the 223 in her and its a cool motor dont get me wrong but man it needs to be rebuilt its really doggy. I love it and am thinking of saving it so if I ever want to do a three deuce on the 223 for something different after the y block. Also, the Fordomatic tranny is of course air cooled like the other "matic" Trannys. It over heats and shit and im done with it. shit pisses me off, last night tho I picked up my 312 and after I am done on here I am going to go start taking her apart! Smile

MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)

Brought this home last night. Bought from a friend and it came out of a 57' T Bird. (So he says) Smile I am learning about Y-blocks, possibility the info could be wrong. Friend I bought it from has more parts I have to pick up that came with it, like 600 Edelbrock Carb, alternator and linkage and blah, blah... Smile I had to hug it as soon as I got home!
MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

carl
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
MissVanDeVille (10/31/2014)
Brought this home last night. Bought from a friend and it came out of a 57' T Bird. (So he says) Smile I am learning about Y-blocks, possibility the info could be wrong. Friend I bought it from has more parts I have to pick up that came with it, like 600 Edelbrock Carb, alternator and linkage and blah, blah... Smile I had to hug it as soon as I got home!
Does not have t bird thermostat housing,dip stick in wrong location,exhaust manifolds not correct,wrong harmonic balancer, just noticed at first glance  Carl

pintoplumber
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
I see a wide motor mount up front from a 60's truck. The crossover single exhaust is probably from a truck also. I'd guess it's not a 312.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Well damn if thats the case prob a 292? Gonna look for the casting number to check and see.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter