Profile Picture

New Member!

Posted By MissVanDeVille 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I will be taking that apart tonight, the pics I posted were the farthest I got. My day job has been keeping me away! Sad I am pretty damn confident after all the other numbers I have found it's a 312...
glrbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
How about a picture of the crankshaft flywheel flange. Even if it is a 292 it can still be made into a great road worrier that will push you 54 down the road with ease.

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)

MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Thanks Billy! Here is a few photos from last night! Smile

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/a42c4f6c-6325-4f20-873c-
18d6.jpg">

Y block Billy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi Betsy, Good news! although Mummerts site list that an ECZ block can be 292, I have dismantled about a half dozen ECZ blocks and all turned out 312's so chances are very high that you do have a 312!
The downfall is, parts are scarcer and more expensive for 312's and they are prone to cracking in the main web areas due to the larger mains. Read Mummerts Y block assembly errors page! May want to magnaflux in those areas.
The C heads are a great all around middle of the road head, however the G's, 113's, 471's and B9's have the larger intake valves.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Lol, thanks so much Rono
Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
Betsy;
Learning curves are usually a challenge, take your time. From John Mummert's Head Casting Chart http://www.ford-y-block.com/cylinderheadchart.htm you can see that the ECZ-C heads were cast in 1956, but could have been used in pickups, Ford Cars, Mercury's or T Birds. When you take the valve covers off, you should be able to also see casting numbers on the rocker arms which should tell you what ratio you have 1.43:1 or 1.54:1. Once you get the bellhousing and flywheel off and can see the crankshaft flange, that will give you a good idea if you have a 312 or not. ENJOY!!
Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

MissVanDeVille
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Ok so after tearing apart the motor more I found, the heads had the CF logo from the Cleveland foundry and ecz - c side of heads, sorry I am a dumbass about this but I gotta learn, I will tear down more tomorrow... this is the farthest I got! will get to the crank shaft and more tomorrow. Thank you so much guys, this is a heart racing journey.... Smile)

lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Also the rear main seal retainer will be ECZ-6335-A for a 312 but you should know by the time you get to it.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
NoShortcuts
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
MissVanDeVille (11/1/2014)
Congrats to me its a 312! ECZ 6015A

YES...  UNLESS you are only going by the engine block casting numbers...

From John Mummert's web site -  http://www.ford-y-block.com/

YEAR    CASTING#         Cu.In.           Int.valve        Carb.              VEHICLES

'56          ECZ-A             292/312           1.78"            4bbl                56 Ford, Merc & T-Bird

1956  ECZ 6015 A engine block   
Check the crankshaft main caps...
- with EBU maincaps =292
- with ECZ main caps =312  
OR
Check the crankshaft rear flange...

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York

Reading This Topic

Site Meter