Profile Picture

Randy Gummelt is no longer with us.

Posted By Ted 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am sorry to hear Randy passed.   I talked to him about Y-block on the phone several times a year and he always was excited about his next project and he got me even more excited about my own cars..   I tried to call last month when I was thinking of him, but never got the chance to talk to him.  Great guy, and I will miss him.

Pat Fleischman

MoonShadow
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
That's our Randy. Your right Ted this captures him at his best. He is missed. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Found this picture of Randy.  Pretty much says it all.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/47382485-625a-4c16-bcae-5956.jpg 

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

LON
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Everyone was shocked down here when I told them the news.All  of us has a story that we can relate to Randy. One of the best sayings I have ever heard, came from Randy. He loved to through this one at vegetarians " If God didn't want you to eat animals ,why did he make them out of meat ?????". Sure can't argue with that ,Rest in Peace .

Lon

yblocksdownunder

PF Arcand
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
I recall reading several years ago in Y-Block magazine, that Randy was the first  to exceed the all time Y-Block drag record of the late Bob St.Laurence out of Australia. The record had stood for at least 20 years. And if I recall, he did it in a Dragster chassis that would be best described as a skittish ride. Now, the're both gone, sorry to hear that.. 

Paul
pegleg
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Wow, sorry to hear this. He was so young. Will say prayers for him and the family.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

aussiebill
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Y
LON (10/15/2014)
Very sorry to hear the passing of Randy .If  anyone deserved to take the title of "Worlds Fastest Y-Block " from Australia's Bob St Lawrence ,it  was Randy .I had the honor & privilege to witness the event in Columbus.  I could sit and listen to that Texan voice all day  .The "TEXAS TORNADO" was one of a kind .We will miss you like you wouldn't believe  .All our love & prayers to Randy's family.

Lon, Lynne ,Brad, Darryl & Jayson.

Yes lon, great loss to our community , his family and all those that knew him. He has left a mark on the world and will be revered by those that are left.

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

Jim
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Administrator

Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
Randy was a hoot. He will be missed, I always enjoyed hanging out with him, always a lot of fun.

Jim (site owner)
'56 Club Sedan - Ted Eaton built 429 hp '292/318, '54 Sunliner - stock '302
Y block Billy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Aww man, what a bummer. As Rob said his famous quote "I just want to go fast" in that Texas tone made me laugh every time I thought about it. He was always a great guy to be around and a made a point to visit Teds everytime I was in the area working down there and stopping at Teds myself. Showing me the Bullet sleeves he came up with if he ported into a pushrod area when porting heads.
Our thoughts and prayers for the family and I am sure the heavens will be thundering with the Y block sound as he arrives!
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/00def99c-4f49-435c-9ee2-eb33.jpg
Randy (Center) with Karol Miller Teds Grand daughter and myself.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

John F
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)Supercharged (163 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
My sincere condolences and prayers to his family.

John F Smile

Ballwin, MO

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Photos/6c460c4f-3e7d-48ff-8f97-617f.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter