Profile Picture

Randy Gummelt is no longer with us.

Posted By Ted 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Randy Gummelt passed on this last Sunday (Oct 12, 2014).  A memorial service will be held this coming Saturday in Clifton, Texas at the Clifton Funeral Home at 2:30PM.  My condolences goes to his family in this time of grief.

Good bye Randy.  You will be missed.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8adff8a4-84ce-4264-bd67-e516.jpg 

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

ecode ragtop
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)Supercharged (443 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Randy, At one time was the world's fastest Y-Block driver, and a great guy that was always a treat to hang around with at the Shoot outs.  Randy we will miss you. God Bless.

JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD!!! TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR 57 FORD INTERNATIONAL
speedpro56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
So sorry to hear that, he was a lot of fun to be around and will be missed a lot. Prayers going out for him.

-Gary Burnette-

Glen Henderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I am so sorry to hear this Ted, please pass along our thoughts to his family. Randy was a great guy and will be missed by all who knew him and his accomplishments in the Y Block community. 

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
Daniel Jessup
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago

May he rest in peace. At times like these we are all reminded how precious life is, as a pastor who preaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ I trust we will be prepared for the next step.
God bless the funeral services and his family. May God's peace and the comfort of His Spirit uphold them all.

Daniel Jessup

Lancaster, California

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Vic Correnti
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (703 reputation)Supercharged (703 reputation)Supercharged (703 reputation)Supercharged (703 reputation)Supercharged (703 reputation)Supercharged (703 reputation)Supercharged (703 reputation)Supercharged (703 reputation)Supercharged (703 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Randy will be missed by all that knew him, I'm sure he is working on a Y blower set up as I type. Our prayers go to his family, I will miss him.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

MoonShadow
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
That is terrible news. Randy was a very special kind of guy and an avid supporter of the Y-block. I missed seeing him the last couple of years but never thought that was the end. Prayers and smoke (prayer smoke for my native friends, tire smoke for the Y-blocker's). Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Larry D
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (228 reputation)Supercharged (228 reputation)Supercharged (228 reputation)Supercharged (228 reputation)Supercharged (228 reputation)Supercharged (228 reputation)Supercharged (228 reputation)Supercharged (228 reputation)Supercharged (228 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Very sad.  Rest easy Randy.

Larry D

Winnipeg, MB Canada Eh!

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/3642c449-9b40-4ff1-a7a8-2502.jpg
'57 Fairlane 500 Club Victoria

'58 Custom 300 Tudor

'56 Crown Victoria

'61 Starliner Z Code

'51 Ford Victoria
Canadian Hot Rodder
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
My sincere condolences and prayers to his family and friends!!!  Randy was a GREAT guy and I feel privileged that I got to meet him!!! I will miss him and will always remember his  quote to me in his classic, Texan  accent " I just want to go fast!" 

May God's speed be with you my friend!!!!  

I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning!

LON
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)Supercharged (604 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Very sorry to hear the passing of Randy .If  anyone deserved to take the title of "Worlds Fastest Y-Block " from Australia's Bob St Lawrence ,it  was Randy .I had the honor & privilege to witness the event in Columbus.  I could sit and listen to that Texan voice all day  .The "TEXAS TORNADO" was one of a kind .We will miss you like you wouldn't believe  .All our love & prayers to Randy's family.

Lon, Lynne ,Brad, Darryl & Jayson.

yblocksdownunder

Reading This Topic

Site Meter