Profile Picture

Flywheel and Drive plate replacement

Posted By DAllen1088 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hello all, This is my first post here..  
on my 272, there are 2 drive plates on the flywheel, the drive plates bolt to the torque converter.  on the torque converter is the gear ring.  Well, i broke one of the drive plates, and im looking for something to replace the flywheel... i cant seem to locate what i have... i need some help... :-)

Doug Allen 
slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Welcome Doug, this is the place to find the answer.

Until someone chimes in with a specific answer, you may like to check the search function...
If you type in "flex plate" in the 'search discussions' box on the upper right of this page, it will take you to a new page, then
If you then click on Advanced and click on the down arrow next to 'using ANY keywords' and then click "using ALL keywords',
that will narrow the results down some.

Good luck

South Australia

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
The flywheel you have was used from '54-'56.  They are not available new.  The '57 style "flex plate" as they are called are available from the early Ford and early T-Bird parts vendors.  It will be a nearly flat steel plate, nearly square, about 3/32" thick, and will bolt to the converter with four bolts instead of the 6 bolts in your current setup.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
DAllen1088
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Thank you for the responses... I saw the one on tee-bird.com, Part # 6375A....wasnt sure if it was the right one....

Reading This Topic

Site Meter