Profile Picture

56 f 350 a new project

Posted By pintoplumber 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 hours ago
It's been about 12 years since I finished the blue truck, so I needed a new project.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yep Dennis, that's a project all right...

BigGrin

South Australia

Daniel Jessup
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Dennis,

Glad to see you finally picked it up and YOU POSTED PHOTOS!!! That reminds me of the 56 F100 I did for my dad way back. It came in boxes, literally, and all of the front end sheet metal removed, etc. Even the cab was not bolted down. However a rebuilt 272 and good truck 4 speed with the Granny Lo gear was in place when it arrived. I will have to dig out the old photos some time and post a few for you. I will say this - the body alignment on that truck's front end went very easily - I like the way it all goes together. I just hope the 55 I am working on goes back together so well.

This being the Y block site, we have just got to ask you - what will you be going with under the hood?

Did you get any running boards?

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

pintoplumber
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

I'll put a 292 in it. I'll need to find a transmission. The running boards are rusty, came with a pair of f 600 boards, which I guess are different. The black front end is f 600, the fenders in the scruburban are 350's, rusty. Both hoods are on the back. I haven't had time to examine it much. Haven't unloaded the suburban yet.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
pintoplumber
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

4 of the wheels are 17.5 and 6 of them are 16".

dbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Nice project, always liked trucks.  Curious though, how much heavier, physically, are the F3 parts as opposed to the F1?  I keep thinking that as you get into the heavier duty vehicles weight becomes an issue and a forklift becomes a necessary shop tool.  Axles come to mind.

Looking forward to seeing your progress,
Don
Daniel Jessup
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Dennis,

We have got to hear more about your truck! Everything get home ok? How is sorting those boxes all panning out for you?

Any chance that F600 hood had that good looking hood scoop on there?

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Glen Henderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Nice project Dennis, let me know if you need something, I may just have it stuck back.

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
pegleg
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
That should keep you out of trouble for a while.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

pintoplumber
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The truck is still on the trailer, the suburban hasn't been unloaded yet. We're up at the cabin in the mountains watching the bears. Had one within 10 feet of me last night. On the other side of the car.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter