Profile Picture

Posting Pictures

Posted By Outlaw56 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Since the new software, I have not figured out how to post pictures. I suspect its a size reduction problem. Is there a way for the software to automatically download a picture so it will be posted without a pop up saying it exceeds the limits? If I remember correctly, thats how it worked before. I have noticed a few comments from other members about the same problem. So far, I have not been able to conquer it. I post my pictures from a sd card on my computer. I also have photo bucket but that involves extra steps. Neither has worked for me.

I just tested it again. I clicked on the "attach" tab. It did a pop up that let me browse. I chose my computer with J drive. That opened up the photos on the J drive (digital camera downloads to a flash drive). It started the download process. Then I get a pop up that says "sorry, you have already exceeded your limits. Continuing would exceed your allowable limits".

Darrell Howard Whitefish, MT Outlaw 56 Ford F-100's
Outlaw56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)

This time I used the "insert image" tab. I get a pop up saying "Could not find an instance of the editor". Whats the difference between insert image or insert file? Some times you get both options, sometimes you only get one.

charliemccraney
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
The insert image icon doesn't work for me but I can drag and drop the picture.  If neither the icon nor drag and drop work, then the only option is photobucket or some similar photo hosting site.  That still works for me as well and should work for everyone because it is html which should have nothing to do with the issues related to the forum software.

I actually became so accustomed to using photobucket because the upload feature has never worked for me, not even in the old forum, that it is pretty much all I use now.

I've also moved this topic to "This n That."

Lawrenceville, GA
Outlaw56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

It used to work good for me in the previous software but not now. I had the same problems at FTE but I went with photo bucket and that works great, just a longer process. I will have to give that a go.

Glen Henderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
The insert image is working great for me now, running windows 8. Only started working in the last couple of weeks.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2496b053-cef0-4e0c-b10b-0abb.jpg

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
lyonroad
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Outlaw56 (5/18/2014)
It used to work good for me in the previous software but not now. I had the same problems at FTE but I went with photo bucket and that works great, just a longer process. I will have to give that a go.

Darrell I use a free graphics viewing program called Irfanview that allows me to modify the size of the image (photo).  I select the smallest size and do this before I use the attach feature.  Otherwise I get the same message as you do.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
56_Fairlane
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I use Firefox and all I do is open another tab (or even the same page) with the image I want to use, grab it with the mouse and drag into the reply box.
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/84737d12-15c1-41dd-903f-98ef.jpg
View Quick Profile
I dragged these items in from the same page. You can resize them too.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
glrbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

I am using  XP PRO THAT IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY MICROSOFT AND THE INSERT STILL WORKS FOR ME

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

Attachments
assembly bird.jpg (279 views, 32.00 KB)
glrbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Both ways

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

ian57tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago

Just testing photo bucket.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter