Posting Pictures

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic104569.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Outlaw56 - 10 Years Ago
Since the new software, I have not figured out how to post pictures. I suspect its a size reduction problem. Is there a way for the software to automatically download a picture so it will be posted without a pop up saying it exceeds the limits? If I remember correctly, thats how it worked before. I have noticed a few comments from other members about the same problem. So far, I have not been able to conquer it. I post my pictures from a sd card on my computer. I also have photo bucket but that involves extra steps. Neither has worked for me.

I just tested it again. I clicked on the "attach" tab. It did a pop up that let me browse. I chose my computer with J drive. That opened up the photos on the J drive (digital camera downloads to a flash drive). It started the download process. Then I get a pop up that says "sorry, you have already exceeded your limits. Continuing would exceed your allowable limits".
This time I used the "insert image" tab. I get a pop up saying "Could not find an instance of the editor". Whats the difference between insert image or insert file? Some times you get both options, sometimes you only get one.
By charliemccraney - 10 Years Ago
The insert image icon doesn't work for me but I can drag and drop the picture.  If neither the icon nor drag and drop work, then the only option is photobucket or some similar photo hosting site.  That still works for me as well and should work for everyone because it is html which should have nothing to do with the issues related to the forum software.

I actually became so accustomed to using photobucket because the upload feature has never worked for me, not even in the old forum, that it is pretty much all I use now.

I've also moved this topic to "This n That."
It used to work good for me in the previous software but not now. I had the same problems at FTE but I went with photo bucket and that works great, just a longer process. I will have to give that a go.
By Glen Henderson - 10 Years Ago
The insert image is working great for me now, running windows 8. Only started working in the last couple of weeks.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2496b053-cef0-4e0c-b10b-0abb.jpg
By lyonroad - 10 Years Ago
Outlaw56 (5/18/2014)
It used to work good for me in the previous software but not now. I had the same problems at FTE but I went with photo bucket and that works great, just a longer process. I will have to give that a go.

Darrell I use a free graphics viewing program called Irfanview that allows me to modify the size of the image (photo).  I select the smallest size and do this before I use the attach feature.  Otherwise I get the same message as you do.

By 56_Fairlane - 10 Years Ago
I use Firefox and all I do is open another tab (or even the same page) with the image I want to use, grab it with the mouse and drag into the reply box.
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/84737d12-15c1-41dd-903f-98ef.jpg
View Quick Profile
I dragged these items in from the same page. You can resize them too.
By glrbird - 10 Years Ago

I am using  XP PRO THAT IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY MICROSOFT AND THE INSERT STILL WORKS FOR ME

By glrbird - 10 Years Ago

Both ways
By ian57tbird - 10 Years Ago

Just testing photo bucket.

Still testing , think it was a 1937 Mercedes from memory.

I'm still working out photo bucket by myself.

Looks like I might have it.

My car the day I when to buy it in orange.
By Ted - 10 Years Ago
Picture posting using the site capability is still dead on my end.  I still get that message stating "Could not find an instance of the editor!".  My computer is using Windows 7.
By lyonroad - 10 Years Ago
Ted I believe that I have Windows 7 and using Firefox I am able to post pictures using the "attach" feature.  The "attach" icon is just to the right of the "Headings" drop down menu in the second line of the Reply toolbar.  This "attach" icon is not visible in my post reply/quick post  toolbar.  I have to click the upper "reply" icon to the left of the "quote" icon.  This will give you a Post Reply window that includes the "attach" icon.   When you want to view an image that has been attached you have to look in your downloads.  In my case the heavy down pointing arrow in the uppermost Forms toolbar turns momentarily green.  Clicking the arrow gives you a list of images that you can view by clicking on the appropriate one.  I apologize if you already know this, but it works for me.
Ted I got a friend to help me (as I'm retarded when it comes to computers) set up photo bucket as I was getting the same message and this has windows 7 as well. As you can see it works very well and I don't even need to reduce image size.
By skygazer - 10 Years Ago
drag & drop test on my iMac:

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/faff088b-e88f-493f-8479-8082.jpg
File size matters.... this is a 62kb file... larger files didn't load.
I tried drag and drop but it wouldn't work on my computer.
By paul2748 - 10 Years Ago
don't understand how you do a drag and drop

Doesn't this involve two windows - One for the picture and the other the reply box.  How do you go from one to the other?

By Jimz Bird - 10 Years Ago
Drag and Drop test.
I reduced the size of my Forum browser window so I could try to D&D a pic from the desktop. It did not work.
I right clicked and did a copy on the pic. Left clicked in the reply box and then right clicked tried to Paste but that didn't work either.
I then did a Ctrl V - which is keyboard for Paste it it did paste. Go figure??
I also was able to click on the pic to get the corner "handles" and resize the pic.
XP Pro - Firefox