Profile Picture

new alloy cylinder heads

Posted By stuart schofield 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Any do's and don't when ordering John 's heads and how long did you have to wait,

Chassis on this open wheeler getting there, so I'm starting on the 272 +   thanks Stuart  Schofield Aus.
CK
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi Stuart.
I don't know personally, though I would like to know.
I've tried e-mailing with no reply as he says on his site. However I haven't tried mentioning this site in e-mails. I'm told its best to call him.
I'll see if i can find the extension no. to call the states.  
I'd also be interested in cost of freight to Oz ?

slick56
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
John Mummerts' number from Australia is  0011 1 610 596 0312

If you call him in the morning, you will get him yesterday afternoon....

I think aussiebill recently brought in some heads .

South Australia

The Horvaths
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (215 reputation)Supercharged (215 reputation)Supercharged (215 reputation)Supercharged (215 reputation)Supercharged (215 reputation)Supercharged (215 reputation)Supercharged (215 reputation)Supercharged (215 reputation)Supercharged (215 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
It helps to be very, very patient. I received mine Monday. John had to wait for the foundry to deliver castings. I waited what seemed to be forever. I first inquired about them sometime in the Spring. Man, are they sweet! I'm hoping to get them on this weekend but, hey, what's the hurry? Wink
MoonShadow
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
According to Ted Eaton's dyno tests the heads are good for about 50 horse power on any decent engine. Cheap power. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
CK
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
The way I read it is all of the mods done to the ecz-g and 113's over the years have been put into the std. casting of the aluminium heads. 
Which means a set of iron heads(tinkered) can perform as well as a set of std. aluminium heads.
How ever it is recommended to seek 11:1 comp. with aluminium, yet only 10:1 comp. with iron. (something to think about)
So porting may be a more affordable option? 
Yet if your seeking more than 350 HP, well the aluminium heads and some porting will be the way to go.
NoShortcuts
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

The aluminum heads are of improved port AND combustion chamber design, CK.  All the porting work you might effort to do on a set of iron heads will not allow you to obtain the horsepower and torque curves that can be obtained using John and Geoff Mummerts' new cylinder heads.

For strictly street use, you may not feel the new heads to be worth the cost, especially with what you'll have to pay to have them shipped to Australia.

My understanding is that the improved cylinder head flow is at all rpm speeds, but really shows its benefits when engine speeds exceed 3,500. The dyno charts are in the Forum archives from the extensive comparative tests that Ted Eaton did with iron heads compared with the new aluminum heads.  And if you want still more capability, JM offers CNC ported aluminum heads for competition purposes.

Yes.  Because aluminum heads dissipate heat more rapidly than iron heads, you can run a slightly higher static compression ratio than you can with iron heads without detonation problems.  Remember though that your engine's dynamic compression ratio, which is related to when the intake valve closes, ALSO is an important factor in whether or not you will encounter detonation problems with the fuel you're using.  Smile  

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
ian57tbird
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
When I met JM down in San Diego he said he was no longer going on this site as his computer was having issues with it, I think since the software changes.
NoShortcuts
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

NoShortcuts (8/10/2014)
  All the porting work you might effort to do on a set of iron heads will not allow you to obtain the horsepower and torque curves that can be obtained using John and Geoff Mummerts' new cylinder heads.

My understanding is that the improved cylinder head flow is at all rpm speeds, but really shows its benefits when engine speeds exceed 3,500. The dyno charts are in the Forum archives from the extensive comparative tests that Ted Eaton did with iron heads compared with the new aluminum heads.  And if you want still more capability, JM offers CNC ported aluminum heads for competition purposes.

The horsepower and torque graphs in this article on Ted Eaton's web site may be of interest to you, CK.

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
John Mummert
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
My new computer actually works here!!!
We have enough heads on order to satisfy all back orders, finally.
I should correct the phone # listed above. 0011 1 619 596 0312
We built many Y-Blocks with ported iron heads and with street compression and camshafts we found that 355HP and 350 ft lbs was about the limit with 240° @ .050" cams. With the new heads untouched 393HP and 410 ft lbs is easy with 228° @ .050"  cams.
We have an "Australian Special" package for the heads. 2 bare heads with all required parts in a 3rd box. Keeps all packages under 1000.00 value with shipping. Those in OZ know why.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter