Profile Picture

new alloy cylinder heads

Posted By stuart schofield 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
[quote]John Mummert (9/19/2014)

We have an "Australian Special" package for the heads. 2 bare heads with all required parts in a 3rd box. Keeps all packages under 1000.00 value with shipping. Those in OZ know why.[/quote]

G'day John, good to see you back online.

I assume that one of your intakes would come in a fourth box?
What is included in the head kit, and what else would i need to purchase to bolt your heads on my 292?
Are the exhaust ports in the same position as stock, or will i need to tweak my exhausts?
Thanks, Allan K.

South Australia

charliemccraney
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
John Mummert (9/19/2014)
We built many Y-Blocks with ported iron heads and with street compression and camshafts we found that 355HP and 350 ft lbs was about the limit with 240° @ .050" cams. With the new heads untouched 393HP and 410 ft lbs is easy with 228° @ .050"  cams.

At what CID?

Lawrenceville, GA
CK
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Ok John I'm interested, how long will this offer last?
The manifold you sent me fitted perfectly under the bonnet of the Tbird with the Terminator and a half inch spacer. However i have used a allstar base which is a 1.5" drop base filter, and a 3" filter element.
Back to the heads, I remember something about the rockers being different as the valves are positioned differently?
Would i need to upgrade rockers too? Can I modify my existing set as they are 1.7:1!
I offsetted the rocker shaft and rockers.
John Mummert
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
CK, it's not a special offer, simply a way to package the heads to keep the total value of the packages under $1000 each in Australian Dollars. What could end it is the Aussie dollar falling too low. Our rocker shafts are closer to the intake manifold but use stock length rockers so I doubt your rockers would work. Our roller rocker stands might make your rockers work. I would need to know the length of your rockers from shaft to valve.
The heads come with valves, springs, retainers, keepers, spring cups, seals. rocker stands, rocker mounting bolts and studs. You will need head bolts with washers and 8.260-8.310" pushrods.
Exhaust ports match up to original.
Charley, 400HP with a 334 cu in engine. 385HP with 310 cu in. 355 with 296 cu in.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

OZYRAY
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I got a pair of heads off John a while back in the 3 box format! , (no tax when each item is under $1000), also a heap of other parts , rods ,custom forged pistons, aluminium flywheel, chrome moly pushrods,one of Johns cams, timing set and all other parts to assemble the engine. John  sent them here in several packages.  Got it assembled and running last week, this thing is wicked in a light car, twists that chassis right up when you give it the boot. 11.0 -1 static compression ratio, 8.2-1 dynamic, runs good on our 98 octane pump fuel, timing set at 36 degrees total 18 initial.  Wieand intake with 3 x 11/16 venturi carbs. If you are thinking of building a quick Y block you wont regret getting these parts over here,  thanks again John for your help!
John Mummert
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Ray, great to hear you got the engine together and in the car. A lot of projects don't come together that fast. Congratulations.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

OZYRAY
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Thanks John, the engine was a breeze to assemble with all the right parts, finally got the mustang clutch sorted out by shipping one over.. only $40 freight - should have done that in the first place! .. could not be happier with the engine..
CK
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi John 
Thanks for the chat. I had to get of the phone when I realized the time and raced to work. 
I will be looking forward to the next batch of heads and ordering a set in a week or two.

John Mummert
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The Edelbrock machine shop has our heads scheduled to start machining October 20.
We do have some intakes, standard timing covers, valley covers.
No alternator brackets or add-on pulleys

PF Arcand
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
John:  From your last post, I presume that all the complete head assemblies you had on hand are sold. Since you took on a very large risk when you took on this project,  may I ask how many sets you have marketed ? 

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter