Profile Picture

Missing letters

Posted By lyonroad 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Anybody havig problems with missing letters when you post to this site. I thought it wa mykeyboard but Paul Arcand sent me an e-mal thismoring and said it was hapening tohim. Only on this site. The lettes in this post were not omitted deliberately.

Its freaking me out!

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
snowcone
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (364 reputation)Supercharged (364 reputation)Supercharged (364 reputation)Supercharged (364 reputation)Supercharged (364 reputation)Supercharged (364 reputation)Supercharged (364 reputation)Supercharged (364 reputation)Supercharged (364 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I originally dismissd your post as you just being a bad typer, but I just posted in another topic and heaps of letters were mising from my typing as well
Never seen this happen on any other forums before.

Gary - 1958 Star Customline and 1940 Ford Deluxe Hotrod

PF Arcand
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
Our sites owner has been made aware of this annoying problem. (this post has required much back correction) All involved thought it a personal problem or bad keyboard. Hope we don't get a virus out of it..

Paul
carl
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
And i just though my fingers were getting weak Carl
lyonroad
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

snowcone (12/18/2013)
I originally dismissd your post as you just being a bad typer, but I just posted in another topic and heaps of letters were mising from my typing as well
Never seen this happen on any other forums before.

I'll have you know that I m an excelent ypr.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
Delta, British Columbia
56_Fairlane
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It was happening to me as well, even while I was typing this reply.
If I hadn't seen this thread I would have thought my keyboard was failing.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
ian57tbird
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
I've had no issues, so could it be a faulty key board?
charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
I have the same problem on multiple computers and, therefore, keyboards. It is helpful to type in a word processor and then copy and paste. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the preview pane.

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago

While I’m not experiencing the ‘missing letters syndrome’, I am having difficulty with the spacing between every tenth word or so not being there when doing the cut and paste bit. When typing directly into the provided textbox, it’s not the same set of problems. Because I do use the cut and paste method most of the time, this is simply forcing me to edit each post I do to put the spaces back in. When the site code was messed up during the Nov 15 – Dec 15 time frame, that spacing issue fixed itself but with the site code restored back, the spacing issue for me came back as well. Adding lines between the paragraphs is still cumbersome also as I'll tend to use hard return lines to separate the paragraphs. I’m hoping that the site upgrade that Jim is getting ready to do will fix these problems.

I also get the following error message with each post I do.

The following error occurred...The following error occurred...      

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

lyonroad
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

ian57tbird (12/20/2013)
I've had no issues, so could it be a faulty key board?

I thought it was just my keyboard but too many others have the same problem. Typing very very slowly seem to help a little but not totally.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
Delta, British Columbia

Reading This Topic

Site Meter