Profile Picture

'55 F100 rear Cab Mounts

Posted By Red_John 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I recently put my cab back on the chassis but the rear cab mounts were difficult to engage. Does anyone have experience or a link to instructions to help me know if I did it correctly?

Thanks
John
lyonroad
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
John, I put my floor jack under the cab rear flange near the centre. I jacked it up a bit and wiggled the cab around until I could get the bolts in. You could also loosen the brackets on the frame until you get the mounts in place. However, if memory serves, the arms make it difficult to get a wrench on the upper bolts once the arm is in place. I had some cab alignment issues so I purchased a set of adjustable rear cab supports from Champion Auto Parts in Orange County Ca. They worked very well, however I can no longer find that company on the internet.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
Red_John
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Thanks Mark. I think I can get the adjustable parts from Mid50s
lyonroad
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
You are right John. I see they have two styles. The ones I used are the $200.00 one which are now $50 bucks more than what I paid. Such is inflation.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia

Reading This Topic

Site Meter