Profile Picture

Vicky progress

Posted By MoonShadow 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Went to Maine yesterday to pick up the snow tires for my Mercedes. Visited with Bill's brother Dan for a while and took some progress shots of MoonShadow. I love the lack of rust on these southern cars there were only a few spots beyond the rocker panels and they just need a couple patches. I'm not going with wood grain no matter what the pictures look like. Bill shot a quick primer/sealer on it to protect the media blasted (naked) body. I'm always suprized at how straight the body is. Did a few measurements and it seems I only have 15"-16" inches from the intake bolt surface to the hood. I am hoping to find a decent 55 hood (fiberglass would be great) to cut a hole in. I certainly don't want to cut up my good louvered hood. Decisions, decisions! Pictures are on the HAMB site. Chuck

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9410136#post9410136

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Glen Henderson
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Well Chuck, I guess since we can't post pictures here then the HAMB is the next best choice. Just never figured out how to do it over there. By the way project is looking good, can't wait to see it in person!

I

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
Rono
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Chuck;
The car looks GREAT! Do you have a color in mind!

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

The Master Cylinder
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Glen Henderson (12/12/2013)
Well Chuck, I guess since we can't post pictures here then the HAMB is the next best choice.

??? Glen, Why can't you post pictures here???

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/af13a279-385d-4926-92f2-349a.jpg"The Master Cylinder"

Enjoying life at the beach in SOCAL Smooooth

MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Little "Christmas story" humor there. I am a member at the HAMB also but rarely post there. To post pictures from your computer you have to add them as attachments. To use their add picture link the pictures have to be loaded on the net somewhere. Just add them as attachment and their software will resize them and show them in the text. Then copy the link and paste it in the forum.
The car is going to remain black on black for now. I can remember at least one around when I was a kid. Mine is an attempt to recreate that car my way. Thats why the stubby lakes pipes, tube grill and Merc tailights. The McCulloch was more money than I could afford in the 50-60's. So when I found some for reasonable prices some years ago I jumped on it.
The 4-71 blower motor is another life long dream. I always loved cars that whir and wheeze. I had to try one!
The next dream being realized is to have a car with an old style HEMI in it. As soon as the weather warms up again I'll be adding one to the Chrysler roadster.
Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

Glen Henderson
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Don't know, when I reply to a thread, I no longer have the option to add an attachment.

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 days ago
Chuck is not able to post and has asked me to post the following in regards to progress on his Vicky.

Moonshadow 1/18/2014
I decided to send a short EMAIL. I'm still waiting for the new software to fix the forum.

Anyway here are a few pictures of my progress. I ended up with a 7" snout and a 2" extension to get the blower pulleys lined up. A 9" snout would be dead on but the only one I found were for 460 Fords and were like 9.25". If not 9" then I'm sure a 8" with 1" spacer would be good. Also had to extend the idler but that was simple enough. With a standard 2" (?) fan spacer a fan would just fit, maybe with a little fiddling with spacers. I'm just not sure it will clear the radiator in its stock position.

Anyway parts are coming together for a spring thrash. The Vicky is still up with Bill in Maine. He found a couple of unexpected problems. In fact I think we know why my front fenders seem to droop. The front cross member was replaced but not completely welded in. So with that off it affected the whole nose. Can't wait to see some black on the old buggy. Anyway, Ted, would you please see if you can post this to the forum in my progress section. Thanks! Chuck

PS in the background you can see the Hemi with McCulloch bracket fitted.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/b30a4799-7ee7-45e1-b860-87dd.jpg http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/4299a7a5-0e0b-4880-b493-5c22.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/c0706851-816a-4fc1-9063-4dd8.jpg http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/ba394595-d574-4b58-b19e-8a9f.jpg

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Rono
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Hey Chuck;

Both set-ups look AWESOME! Great Job!

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Rono
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Chuck;
Just looked over you 4-71 set-up again with new interest because now I am working on one too. I bought a YBLOKE intake and wondered if you are running a heater hose from your intake and if so, from where?
Also, just curious what type and ratio pulleys you are running?
Thanks,
Rono

MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Right now the engine is at Ted's for final adjustments and dyno. I cannot remember how the water connection was setup or whether there was one. The drive ratio is 1.1 for starters. I also don't remember the tooth count. I'm sending you some pictures of the adapter I had made for the lower pulley. It bolts to the damper bolt and the two accessory pulley bolts and bring the blower pulley in flush with the damper. Worked for me.  I might have to make some changes around the radiator when I install the engine. Not sure of the clearance. If  It's too tight I may go to a V belt drive for the blower. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Perhaps Ted or the Y-bloke will answer the heater hose question. Looking at my picture of the manifold it doesn't have a water outlet.

Y's guys rule!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter