Profile Picture

57 Ford Center Section Pinion Yoke

Posted By Rono 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Months Ago
I found an original 1957 Ford rear end in a utility trailer that I am using for my coupe build. The center section has 3.56 open gears that I was going to run for now, but the pinion yoke is not all there. From my research I've found that this yoke has the part# B8A-4851-B and uses threaded end caps not U bolts. I've tried several times to replace the yoke with a 1310 style yoke so that I can get a driveshaft built, but the 3 yokes I've tried do not fit correctly on the pinion shaft. So, I either need to find these threaded end caps to use on the yoke I have or change out the ring and pinion (I guess) so I can use a 1310 style yoke and universal joint. Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions??

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post 57 Ford Center Section Pinion Yoke By Rono ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ron unless you can find a deal, you will be money ahead to ditch the... By Glen Henderson ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Glen; When I pulled the center section out to inspect it, I replaced... By Rono ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post What part of the replacement yokes do not fit up correctly? The ring... By Ted ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted; I have pictures of the yoke I have, but for some reason the... By Rono ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ron: The 3.56 ratio and the threaded end caps makes me wonder if you... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post John; You may be right, but it sure looks like a 9" rear housing (not... By Rono ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I am a little confused. My '57 Bird has U bolts. I sort of recall... By slumlord444 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I found out that this pinion yoke came on 1957-1959 Ford 9"rears. It... By Rono ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Hoosier Hurricane (12/4/2013)[/b][hr]Ron: The 3.56 ratio... By yblock ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post The '57 was the first year of the 9" and the standard gear with a... By 312T85Bird ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here is the link sent to me from Denny's Driveshaft describing the... By Rono ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I thought that Ford cars stopped using the winged joint in 1955? By ecode ragtop ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]ecode ragtop (12/5/2013)[/b][hr]I thought that Ford cars... By Ted ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have never seen one on a '57, However all MGF's be it FORD, Garage... By 312T85Bird ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Okay....so are they not as strong than a conventional U bolt type?... By Rono ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I really don't know about the strength. There is a lot more material... By MoonShadow ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]MoonShadow (12/6/2013)[/b][hr]The Moroso competition u-joint... By charliemccraney ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]ecode ragtop (12/5/2013)[/b][hr]I thought that Ford cars... By bird55 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I just replaced the 1310 style -"winged" joint that was original in my... By StillOutThere ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Are you still running the 3.56 ratio gears in your 57? I think that... By Rono ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Rono, Not sure if you are addressing me or someone else. My '57... By StillOutThere ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post StillOutThere; Yes, I was responding to your last post. I thought you... By Rono ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Please pardon the grubby, greasy diff yet this is my 55' Tbird diff. I... By CK and his 55Tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thunderbird HQ list it as a 57'Yet I got a uni to match from Tee Bird... By CK and his 55Tbird ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post CK, the Dana 44 in my '56 pickup has a 44 cast into the back side of... By lyonroad ( 10 Years Ago )
Forum Post Checked it yet only found a T inside a shape like a superman... By CK and his 55Tbird ( 10 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter