Profile Picture

Authentic F Code pieces?

Posted By Daniel Jessup 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
click the link. I have no idea who this guy is and have not questioned him yet on this carb and intake manifold... but are these "F" code supercharger parts here? He does not indicate that in the listing, but it "Shooo do look like it!"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360798393156?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

whoops! lol... here's the link

Daniel Jessup

Lancaster, California

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

The Master Cylinder
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Yuummm, What link????

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/af13a279-385d-4926-92f2-349a.jpg"The Master Cylinder"

Enjoying life at the beach in SOCAL Smooooth

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 days ago
That is the correct casting number for the F code intake, and the carb appears to be correct, although it could be a Lincoln. The number on the back flange will tell what it is.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
junkyardjeff
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
So the F code used a B type intake but with a teapot carb.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
Oldmics
Crazy Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Guess I wont be bidding on that now that the cats outta the bag
NoShortcuts
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
junkyardjeff (11/26/2013)
So the F code used a B type intake but with a teapot carb.

Interesting that the 'F' intake manifold carburetor mounting pad has both carb bolt patterns.

I'm scratching my head as to why a different casting number was used on the 'F' intake manifold if the only difference was the after-casting machining of adding the Holley 4000 bolt pattern.

Still learnin'... Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)Supercharged (5.0K reputation)

Charlie:

There are other differences. The top of a B manifold has various voids in the top flange, the F has a flat flange. The F also has a relief crescent in the casting to clear the teapot primary throttle arm. The throttle bores are larger in the F so that they are close enough together in the center to align with the teapot bores in the center. There is also 3/16" difference in height from the manifold floor to the carb flange, but I can't remember which is taller, probably the F. It would not surprise me if there were some differences in the ports and runners also.

pegleg
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I would really love to have a genuine F code to check out. I thought they were a B pattern with the carb flange drilled as John said. The F code was taller, like they added material make the Teapot fit better. clearanced the back and enlarged the throttle bores. That could have been done without changing the core box inexpensively and Quickly. I remember hearing that the program was a bit of a rush job for Daytona.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

bird55
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Even though I've been around several F code cars and tbirds it's always interesting to see and learn more about all the little stuff that goes into one of the "Holy Grail" cars.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I wonder where the rest of the car is that the F stuff came from??????

Reading This Topic

Site Meter