Profile Picture

Brake Befuddlment

Posted By Duck 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)Supercharged (393 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I'm wondering if anyone here could shed some light on what ( after hours spent w/ Google) appears to be a very convoluted topic- converting a '55- '57 'bird to a dual (split) reservoir brake system. I DON"T want to convert to discs, as I have no problem with the existing drum/ drum factory setup. I just would like the peace of mind afforded by splitting the system. If anyone has experience with this specific changeover, may I inquire as to how you did it, how did it turn out, and the components used?Also, whom did you purchase the parts from? From all I've read, seems many folks confuse residual valves w/ proportioning valves. (What did you use successfully?) Also what M/C is/was the proper choice. I'll be re-using the factory booster after Cardone rebuilds it again, due to it allowing my current M/C to be sucked dry of fluid. (That's a story for another day, though) Any thought are appreciated, & Thanks in Advance /Duck

BOO- YA!!! http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/0f6c8c70-4f39-42e0-a021-bc5e.jpg

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Brake Befuddlment By Duck ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Duck (11/17/2013)[/b][hr]I'll be re-using the factory... By The Master Cylinder ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Right- keeping drums @ all 4 corners. I've seen that '67 - '70 Mustang... By Duck ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yes, a mustang M/C may be better for a 'Bird. For some reason I was... By The Master Cylinder ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Duck, this would be a lot easier if you could move your battery to the... By simplyconnected ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post To make it even more confusing I have heard that you must use the... By kevink1955 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post There is a lot of mis-info related to brakes. Mine with the dual... By charliemccraney ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post If i ruptured a brake hose, i'd like to think that with a dual circuit... By slick56 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I like to have thought that, too. But that's not what happened. A,... By charliemccraney ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I had the same situation as Charley, on two different cars. Both have... By paul2748 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here is a good description of the brake system function including the... By MarkMontereyBay ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post If the brake system has been opened not using the lock out tool and... By MarkMontereyBay ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post So the brake warning switch (isolation valve) does most of the work... By kevink1955 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Seems that anything short of a full-on disc conversion is a 50/ 50... By Duck ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hey there, Duck cruzin' with a heavy foot again? Wear the boots with... By GREENBIRD56 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I think this is the tread Steve is referring to...... By skygazer ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Steve- no, this thing's an expensive paperweight until either I can 1)... By Duck ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post There appears to be a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding of... By The Master Cylinder ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post The link I posted deals with the design and operation of a typical... By MarkMontereyBay ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]MarkMontereyBay (11/24/2013)[/b][hr]If the rear brakes are... By The Master Cylinder ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Mark, all that said I hope you get your brake "problem" worked out to... By The Master Cylinder ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I put that info up for Duck to help explain the dual circuit brake... By MarkMontereyBay ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Just to add fuel to the fire, I read over on the HAMB (more than 1... By lowrider ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Had a rear break line blow on my '74 Ranchero back in the day. Brake... By slumlord444 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Dorman Products Part # MC 73323 fits a '66 to '71 Mustang with manual... By 312T85Bird ( 11 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter