Profile Picture

'56 272 distributor replacement and replacement pushrods.

Posted By ChickenManMotors 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

'56 272 distributor replacement and replacement pushrods.

Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Charlie - I bought an Autolite distributor out of a 312 Merc - off ebay - three weeks ago for $30 including the shipping. There are so few people who know or care about them, it still happens with regularity. It needs TLC and probably a new bushing - but it sure isn't hurt. I'm going to strip it and make it electronic - and anticipate it will be a ready spare for the future.

It would be nice if we had a list of those with commercial shops that are in the business of doing such work - I know "GMC Bubba" over on the HAMB has a shop that will do it for hire. There must be others.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9ea2bf28-00c4-4772-9ac7-d154.jpg 
 Steve Metzger       Tucson, Arizona
charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
That certainly is an option. But by the time it is refurbished and a typical electronic conversion is installed, you'll probably have at least $200.00 in it. If, for instance, Pertronix made a stock look distributor for the Y, it should be pretty close to the same price as the other stock look distributors since it should use many of the same parts (assuming they are analogous to the original Motorcraft distributors where many of the parts interchange), which will be in the same ballpark as the refurbished original, but completely new, and with a timing mechanism that is much easier to adjust. Mallory would be more expensive and be good competition to the MSD. I still say, if you think you may need a distributor soon, speak up. Show those companies that there is demand.

Lawrenceville, GA
oldcarmark
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I emailed Cardone to find out what the actual story is on the 30-2808 Distributors.I got a response right away.They are NOT discontinued.They just have no cores right now.Not surprising if they are being bought up by us Y-Blockers.No cores going back.They will rebuild and return if you send one in.Price is according to whom ever you deal with as a Parts Supplier.Send it in via O'Reillys or who ever you buy from locally.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter