Profile Picture

Wanted: Alignment Tool for 292 Y Block Timing Cover

Posted By '59Edsel 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (422 reputation)Supercharged (422 reputation)Supercharged (422 reputation)Supercharged (422 reputation)Supercharged (422 reputation)Supercharged (422 reputation)Supercharged (422 reputation)Supercharged (422 reputation)Supercharged (422 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hey guys, I have had a heck of a time finding an alignment tool to buy or rent to align my timing cover against the damper. My maintenance manual lists it as a 6059-A. I've seen people say a 6019-B would work, but that's for the bigger engine correct? Anyone out there have one?

If not, I was told to put the cover on loose, and start my damper on at the same time, once it's cleared down the keyway a bit, it should seal against my damper perfectly. If that's the case I'm going to need a longer 9/16 x 18 bolt to thread into my crankshaft to get my damper on, anyone have one of those? Thanks!

http://oi43.tinypic.com/vyxn49.jpg

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Wanted: Alignment Tool for 292 Y Block Timing Cover By '59Edsel ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post I bought a tool some years ago but its pretty simple. As mentioned you... By MoonShadow ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Does anyone know if this would work?... By '59Edsel ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post It looks like they should work, but the seller says that he hasn't... By Rono ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Isn't the crank snout diameter different on those other engines? I... By charliemccraney ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]charliemccraney (9/10/2013)[/b][hr]Isn't the crank snout... By vntgtrk ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Never new you had to do anything other than bolt the cover on and... By slumlord444 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post The FE crank is 1 3/8" dia. -- Y-block crank is 1 1/4" dia. Seals are... By Genuinerod ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Unless the engine is standing on its end when installing the... By Ted ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Ted (9/19/2013)[/b][hr] Unless the engine is standing... By aussiebill ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Does anyone happen to have a long 9/16-18 bolt they are willing to... By '59Edsel ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post A timing cover bolt? What length? Chuck By MoonShadow ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sorry, should have added that I need an extra long one to be able to... By '59Edsel ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Check your local hardware store for some threaded rod. Chuck By MoonShadow ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Mcmaster-Carr have bolts and all-thread in 9/16-18 that will suit your... By charliemccraney ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thank you guys for recommending Mcaster Carr, I went to their... By '59Edsel ( 11 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter