Profile Picture

Distributor Identification help!

Posted By Danny 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
These are new pics of the interior of the distributor. I am unable to see any part numbers unless I remove it. Any guess as to the part number might be or the year of manufacture? What Pertronix II or III?

Thanks,

Danny
junkyardjeff
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Looks like the 57 and up distributor to me.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
oldcarmark
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
Are the advance springs visible when you take off the cap?(Above the breaker plate).That's the loadomatic.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
aussiebill
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Danny (8/7/2013)
Is this the Cardone 30-2028 distributor or the original Load-O-Matic? It doesn't appear to be original. Can anyone tell from the pics?

Thanks,

Danny

tHAT IS # FOR 57 ONWARD DIST.

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

Y block Billy
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I don't think Cardone makes distributors, they just rebuild them for all the automotive distributors. It looks to be an original Y distributor because mostly when you get a rebuilt one it would come with the triangle shaft area which is from FE-SBF engines.

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

oldcarmark
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
The Cardone # is 30-2808.They would still have the ford ID # on them BUT it may not be for a Y-Block originally.The same casting can be used on different applications when they are rebuilt.If you are looking for one for a Y-Block I would suggest purchasing an exchange unit.They are less than $100 if you shop around.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
GREENBIRD56
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
This distributor body - which appears to match yours - is an "Autolite" variety. Ford used as OEM on the years up to '64.

The bowl above the stem is deep enough for a centrifugal advance mechanism - and as mentioned above, if you lift the cap there are no springs to be seen on that type of distributor.

I have found "Old Stock" freshly rebuilt "Autolite" point distributors (by Vapex and others) - but they are few and far between.

Also as mentioned above, the "tri-lobe" stem was used on the "Motorcraft" distributors produced after '64 (used on a large variety of Ford engines) - and those housings are always found to be re-cycled/re-used on the Cardone re-manufactured Y-block parts. I don't believe the tri-lobes were ever used on a factory built "Y" engine - only the Autolite.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9ea2bf28-00c4-4772-9ac7-d154.jpg 
 Steve Metzger       Tucson, Arizona
Talkwrench
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
As Mark said shop around for a recond one, put the ignitor 3 and matching coil in .. again shop around online you can get it for not much more than the 2 !

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/02c74785-3ce2-4b80-a66c-f31f.jpg

"Came too close to dying to stop living now!"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter