Profile Picture

T-85 Borg transmission w/overdrive

Posted By 312T85Bird 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
I found mine last year at my local farm supply store. Came in a 2 1/2 gallon plastic jug in their house brand. Don't remember the price, but it wasn't much more than a jug of their house brand motor oil. GL 1 rated.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
slumlord444
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Used plain old 90 w gear lube in mine for years and it was still fine when I finaly pulled it out. Not to say that it would not have eventualy failed.
56ranchwgn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
The BW overdrive manual recommends straight 40w non detergent motor oil.
Joe 5bird7
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (112 reputation)Supercharged (112 reputation)Supercharged (112 reputation)Supercharged (112 reputation)Supercharged (112 reputation)Supercharged (112 reputation)Supercharged (112 reputation)Supercharged (112 reputation)Supercharged (112 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
For more than 40 yrs I've used SAE 90 in my Tbird T-85 with od. I've worn out a couple engines, but have had no issues with the trans. Out of curiosity I checked the manual for 57 Ford and T-bird and it says to use SAE 80 for manual trans, including overdrive.
312T85Bird
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I am not computer literate enough or I would scan and post the Warner Gear Company manual Especially the DARK PRINT IN LARGER LETTERS about what lubricants to use and not use and then if someone still wants to run what they prefer fine but at least all would know what the actual mfg. of the overdrive and not the car mfg. recommends. Sorta like car mfg's. and Tire mfg's., where the car mfg. wants low pressure for a soft ride not caring about the tire life, etc. and the tire mfg. puts the correct pressure requirement on the side of the tire. I have heard guys say that they have never run more then 25 pounds of air in their tires and never had a problem. Really?

Tom

What?
Glen Henderson
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Interesting info here, I don't have any experience with the T85/R11, but I just recently acquired one in the 53 F100 that I am working on. It is aperaently from a later ford car and not a truck. It has find splines and a rear mount on the tailhousing. The overdrive unit has R11 cast into the housing. It looks pretty good except two of the case ears are broken off, I wonder if like John said (longer imput shaft) and someone tried to bolt it down tight. The engine in the old truck was orginal 6 cyl. No matter since this truck is for my wife, or so she says, it is getting a FMX conversion.

Glen Henderson

Freedom is not Free

Letohatchee, AL
NoShortcuts
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

I'm laughin', Tom...

Even today, any corner lot used car dealer that hasn't adjusted his vehicles' tire pressures lower than the vehicle manufacturer's recommendation likely hasn't been in business long...

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Oldmics
Whistling Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I just changed out the fall air to the winter air in all of my vehicles tires.

All run much smoother now.

Oldmics
NoShortcuts
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
With the cost for air at the corner gas station these days, I hope that you have your own compressor, Oldmics.

Changing the air for the winter is probably a good idea. Moisture in the summer air could cause icing inside the tire.

LOL. -You can tell I've been up too long today!

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
312T85Bird
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)Supercharged (461 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
The fine spline T-85 that I have from a '58 FORD with a FE 352 and from a '57 FORD Y 312 have the same length input shafts and will inter change merely by changing the clutch disc. I thing some one may have forced a trans into too small of a pilot bushing?

Tom

What?

Reading This Topic

Site Meter