Profile Picture

Farm Fresh 37 Ford Coupe

Posted By Rono 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago

Hi Ron
   It's been quite some time since I've been active on yblocksforever.  Got caught up in a flathead build.  As I said several years ago I still like your "37 and it looks like it will be a beauty.  I had to sell my "37 convertible last year as I also have one of those 5 year projects. Mine is a chopped '35 coupe which will also receive a blown Y.   I am particularly interested in your ram horn  exhaust manifolds as I even now have a question about headers/exhaust on the tech forum.  It won't look as nice as yours as I'm going for an old drag car look that has been updated to make it street legal  Really like your '37 and it makes me miss mine  Based on what you've done I'm leaning towards the rams horn manifold  Hope you don't mind a copycat.  Your multiyear project is a little ahead of mine although I did paint mine in satin black (equipment paint) over the bumps and lumps to make it look a little more authentic. Since I'm building something so similar to your '36 do you have any words of wisdom or warnings for me????
    Still think your '56 is the coolest hardtop with that side chrome. 
   Thanks
    Midwest Mike
     I'd rather be lucky than good,
      but good ain't bad.

Rono
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Mike;

Good to hear from you! The 35 Project sounds cool. Why don't you send me a PM and tell  me what you're thinking regarding the old drag car look. Front suspension type, tranny, chassis, rear end, stuff like that. I had to do over a lot of the work the guy in Maine did, so that set me back in time and money. Also, the T-5 probably would have been stout enough if I kept the VS-57 supercharger. The stock WC T-5 is rated at handling around 300HP. With the new 471 blower on my 331 cu. in motor, I think I may send the tranny off to "G Force Transmissions" for a makeover. They basically gut the tranny and rebuild it to handle 550 HP. I guess the biggest mistake I made was buying the rusted out shell in the first place. Although I do feel good about saving it from a grave in an Iowa farm field.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Midwest Mike
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)

Hi Rono 
Sent you an email last night but being the illiterate techie that I am you better let me know here if you received it.
  Here's hoping
 Midwest Mike
 but good ain't bad.
Rono
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Sorry Mike, I didn't get anything 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Midwest Mike
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I'll try again tomorrow.

Mike
Midwest Mike
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hi Ron 

Ok, I give up.  The analog dinosaur can't send a message.  If you will explain how, I would be soooo appreciative. 
   Midwest Mike 
    but right now I'm neither one.
Rono
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Mike;
Go in to "Your Profile" and you will see a tab that says "SEND PM". That is the tab you use to send private messages on the site. I haven't done it in a while, but I think this is right.

Rono
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Well, this month starts year 6 of this project. Funny how life gets in the way of the important stuff. Anyway, making some good progress on the body. Doors, hood, and deck lid are all done and ready for final primer. I found NOS front (outer) fenders that a buddy is bring out from N.J. this summer. As they said in the movie Galaxy Quest; "Never Give Up, Never Give In"http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/de2dcfe3-3695-4f17-addd-6777.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ac668a69-0513-4a7c-8891-fc7d.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d09399a7-e9b6-4bd2-8ac3-96a0.jpg

Gene Purser
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I understand how long it takes to build a car. It took me 10 years to build a '40 while working, raising kids, etc. My wife and I drove that car all over the southeast for 20 years, so it is worth the effort and wait. Yours will be beautiful.
Rono
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Gene! I'll stay after it!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter