Profile Picture

A clean and safe way to remove rust

Posted By Pete 55Tbird 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I posted this in another section of the forum but I think more guys will see it in the technical section so here it is'

Rust removal can be SAFE and CHEAP and CLEAN. Do a Youtube search of rust removal using electrolysis and watch a few videos. Just remember do not use stainless steel for the sacrificial anode as that will produce TOXIC FUMES.

This flat out works and gets behind panels and inside blocks and otherwise inaccessible parts. Check it out. Pete
janebrooks
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Thanks for the important information. But I have a query whether is there any way to resist the toxic fumes???

car repair margate fl

Pete 55Tbird
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
There will be no toxic fumes as long as you use plain iron or steel for the sacraficial anode.

Just DO NOT USE STAINLESS STEEL.

The slight electrical charge in the water does break down H2O into HYDROGEN and OXYGEN so do not use anyplace without good ventilation. Use common sense.

The water and rust mixture left over after you finish is NOT TOXIC and I just pour it out on my lawn ( like buying iron fertilizer at Home Depot.) There is a lot of info on this process if you do a Google search you can check it for yourself. Pete
lyonroad
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
If you are using Sodium Carbonate (Na2CO3) commonly called washing soda and you have moss in your lawn (common on the wet coast) pour it there. Sodium Carbonate as wellas iron oxide are an old timey moss killers.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
Daniel Jessup
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
FWIW, I posted quite a few photos of an electrolysis experiment on parts... you can find it in the This and That section under Y block hardware

Pete is right on the money!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Reading This Topic

Site Meter