Profile Picture

Blown Stroker Motor Update

Posted By Rono 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Charlie;

I'm not sure what you mean by "pulls left"? Also, if I use the original hole in the clutch fork, The slave cylinder would be angled outward quite a bit if I keep the same general heim end distance from the transmission. I suppose I could try that with the same bracket moving the heim end forward. If that slave cylinder needs to be at a right angle to the clutch fork, then it would stand away from the transmission about 4" and I'm not sure I'll have the room until I get the motor in the car.

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
That was my attempt at a joke. Bill said "...it pulls right?" I said it pulls left.

You might be able to angle the cylinder outward. See how it works, but 1 1/2" is quite a bit to move that hole.

Lawrenceville, GA
Midwest Mike
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Looking forward to those pictures.

Mike
lyonroad
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Rono, I like the look of your hydraulic clutch slave cylinder set up; looks nice and simple. I will be mocking mine up soon and am interested in the part numbers you have for the slave and master cylinders. What are the piston diameters in both cylinders?

Been away for a month on a trip to the Grand Canyon and back. Heading through Boise on a Sunday morning in early September we saw about 30 Hot rods on a run heading towards Ontario Oregon.

Mark

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
Rono
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Hard to believe I started this post 5 years ago, but here is what my motor has evolved into. I'm loaded up and headed to the Dyno shop this week. I'll try to get a video of it running.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/eca0bf64-dc34-4d77-b61e-1c73.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Talkwrench
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Ohhh Whistling... I dont think its going to be able to suck through that airfilter   Laugh 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/02c74785-3ce2-4b80-a66c-f31f.jpg

"Came too close to dying to stop living now!"
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
I agree.  A K&N 11" x 3 3/4" filter "will flow approximately 725 CFM in 1.5 inches of water... and support roughly 350 HP."  That's according to K&N tech support.  Contact the manufacturer of yours  to see if it is adequate.

Looks awesome.

Lawrenceville, GA
Rono
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

No filter for the test. Just wanted to keep dirt out for the drive over. Thanks for the advice on filter size. When I mocked up the motor in the coupe, The hood top was able to close without any air filter on. I have to decide whether I will run a hood with a scoop, or no hood. I'll most likely leave the hood sides off either way.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter