Profile Picture

2X4 intake

Posted By itsa292 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I have an opportunity to obtain a dual quad intake for the Y. I haven't seen it yet so I don't know much about it . I was told it was an OEM intake for the 312. OK. I was told it was an Aluminum intake.

My question is "Did Ford make their 2x4 intake aluminum or was it cast like the rest ?" If aluminum what should I look for other than cracks and repairs to determine its usefulness ? I have no need nor desire for it so it will be up for sale . I can send pictures as soon as I see the intake . Then we all can share comments. Thanks

Ben in Western NC
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Yes, the Ford 2-4 manifolds are aluminum. They had two, the '56 manifold had a casting number EDB-D on the bottom, the '57 had ECG. Mercury had their own versions. The two most likely problems are broken front ears where they bolt to the heads and rotted-out bottoms where the exhaust gases pass through for carb and choke heat. There are also aftermarket manifolds, Edelbrock being the most common.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
Ted
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Here’s a group of YBlock 2X4 intakes being used for a dyno test. This grouping includes the1956 Ford, 1957 Ford, Edelbrock FM255’s and 257’s, Edmunds, Fenton, Hogans, and the somewhat rare Merc manifold.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a88f4551-e0ae-4f79-a735-49f1.jpg

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
I'm assuming you lock a BIG dog in the shop at night? You are holding on to some real valuables there. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
lyonroad
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Thank you Ted. Now when my wife tells me I should get rid of some of that j*** (I can't bear to type her word) I can show her your photo and let her know "I'm not even close!"

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
Attachments
Intakes 003.JPG (540 views, 79.00 KB)
aussiebill
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
MoonShadow (3/13/2013)
I'm assuming you lock a BIG dog in the shop at night? You are holding on to some real valuables there. Chuck

Chuck, i think Teds dogs name is Smith & Wesson.

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

yblock
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
2x4 intakes,i have looked at severa and noticed erosion at the water outlet where man bolts to the head,as well as them housings. found 1 on ebay eventualley it is very good at a good price. i was told the fron flance break when use with incorrect valley cover. cliff in surrey bc 57ranchero
Ted
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
yblock (2/7/2014)
2x4 intakes,i have looked at several and noticed erosion at the water outlet where man bolts to the head, as well as therm housings. Found 1 on ebay eventually. It is very good at a good price. I was told the front flange breaks when used with incorrect valley cover. cliff in surrey bc 57ranchero

It’s the Ford oem 2X4 intakes that require a recessed valley cover for a non-interference fit. The aftermarket and Mercury dual quad intakes manage to work with the stock valley covers.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter