Profile Picture

292 cranks as strokers for 289/302's

Posted By MarkMontereyBay 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I read that in the past, 292 Y block cranks were modified to stroke 289 and 302 SBFs. Wondering about the history of that and if the forged version crankshaft in heavy trucks were used.

Have been looking around on the web and found that Jack Rousch used a 292 Yblock crank to stroke the anemic 302 79 Mustang Indy Pace Car.

57 Black Tbird 312/auto

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post 292 cranks as strokers for 289/302's By MarkMontereyBay ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post The part about Rousch using a 292 crank for a SBF stroker in 1979 is... By PF Arcand ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post The forged steel cranks were used for the SBF strokers back when... By Ted ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted: Maybe you were thinking of another project from Ford. When they... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Hoosier Hurricane (11/23/2012)[/b][hr]Ted: Maybe you were... By aussiebill ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Hoosier Hurricane (11/23/2012)[/b][hr] Ted: Maybe you... By 2721955meteor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post This is interesting stuff.. especially so I can annoy some SBC... By PF Arcand ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]PF Arcand (11/24/2012)[/b][hr]This is interesting stuff..... By aussiebill ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post Aren't the Holdens the scrubs of down under? That means they used Y... By MoonShadow ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]MoonShadow (11/25/2012)[/b][hr]Aren't the Holdens the scrubs... By aussiebill ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post The event host should be arrested for "contributing to the delinquency... By MoonShadow ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Paul: I looked into that, it would be too much of a project for me to... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post 351's flange is just there where rear seal should be, so you have to... By LordMrFord ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]LordMrFord (11/25/2012)[/b][hr]351's flange is just there... By Ted ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post i just read your post bill & my eyes have fallen out & im now blind By Moz ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted, if my old brain is working right this morning, I think I remember... By Glen Henderson ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post say john, try the 63 indy article? not sure whitch magazine. I... By yalincoln ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well, I found the article in Oct 1964 Hot Rod, and it wasn't what any... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post I gust came across this old post , I remember Reading About the... By Small block ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hmmmm... Interesting, Small Block. THANKS for sharing that info.... By NoShortcuts ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post There was an article many years ago about the 1964 (?) Ford Indy... By PF Arcand ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]PF Arcand (11/14/2015)[/b][hr] There was an article many... By 2721955meteor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post O.K., the article was abreviated in YBM & may have been out of... By PF Arcand ( 9 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter