Profile Picture

Point Triggered Ignition

Posted By GREENBIRD56 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Recently Pegleg told me he had melted an electronic ignition module for a bike he was working on and was searching for an alternative - this won't do it - but I found it on a bike site. Its a way to use points to trigger a Ford TFI module - which then operates a coil and operates the "dwell" as a current limit. Has anyone on the site seen one of these or tried it out?

If it is effective, it would allow using some of the older "Load-O-Matic" distributors - and later point models - with some pretty hot coils. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9ea2bf28-00c4-4772-9ac7-d154.jpg 
 Steve Metzger       Tucson, Arizona

LordMrFord
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I dont think that is going to work. Maybe if it using TFI's error mode some funny way. Then there is solid 10 degree advance, but I dont know, usually TFI gets advance from car's computer and distributor tells only when is time to start counter, but if you turn dizzy 10 degree off and dont use those PIP or SPOUT(I dont remember which was it) wire and put that other wire to point with HALL effect wire or something...Doze

Maybe it's better get some Crane box or similar.

Hyvinkää, FI

Reading This Topic

Site Meter