Profile Picture

56 F100 Headers

Posted By Twisted_Fate 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Now I'm sure that someone will say do a search for it but honestly I'm looking for stock application no cutting headers and i cant seem to find any type of info any where and most are non factory setups, I'm very new to this forum and just as new to Y-Blocks and it seems like a great deal of the members on this forum have a lot of very helpful opinions and personal info i would like to tap into.

that being said i have a 56 f100 custom cab with a 292Y block and a 3 spd on the column, so I personally just purchased a set of Speedway motors headers, i have not received them yet but I'm assuming they will work based on a search that i did for it and the pictures i saw seemed to be pretty convincing. my problem is that I'm still not 100% sure about them and i want to be, so i don't get my hopes up and attempt to install to no avail. does anyone have any pictures of them installed from all angles including from below, any helpful info on install, any ideas on how to run the exhaust passed the brake master, and lastly any ideas on what mufflers to use for a nice healthy sound and maybe a video or sound clip of a 292Y so i can see what its like?

Thank you very much

charliemccraney
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 11 hours ago
I'm not sure what you mean. No headers are stock application. They all require some degree of custom, non stock exhaust work.

I've only used Flowtech Purple Hornies glass packs and Hooker mufflers so far. They both sound good. On a milder engine, the glass packs were fine. On a slightly higher performance engine, I thought they were too loud and used Hooker mufflers instead. I also have a Hooker catback on my Firebird. No complaints about Hookers.

This is the Hooker mufflers:

Lawrenceville, GA
Twisted_Fate
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)Normally aspirated (33 reputation)

thank you, what i meant by stock application was my factory steering linkage and stuff wont be in the way my apologies for not being specific.
Twisted_Fate
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Well i ordered my headers and installed them and did a bad thing buy starting it and driving it for a short distance but i made a sound video of my 292 with open headers, kind of a crappy quality because i made it with my iPhone but here it is if anyone has any curiosity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKnt2E6HY3s&feature=plcp 

MoonShadow
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Nothing to get the juices flowing like open headers. Sounds nice. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Twisted_Fate
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

I Can agree with that, I not going to lie after this was shot on saturday i spent the rest of the day looking up what it takes to build one of these motors... and i was very surprised to learn there is a lot of parts out there for them. I really going to have to decide whether to build this motor or stick with my original plan.
charliemccraney
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

What's the original plan?

Lawrenceville, GA
Twisted_Fate
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

I don't want to say! haha lets just say nobody on here would be pleased with me.
charliemccraney
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

We can talk some sense into youBigGrin. I presume it is an engine swap. Make sure it will be worth the time, effort, and money. Most proposed swaps are not.

Some make sense, like a 700hp 460. Some don't, like a 250hp junk yard sbc. (Not saying sbcs are junk, rather quite literally one pulled from the junk yard, or just a junk car, I suppose.)

Lawrenceville, GA
Twisted_Fate
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

yea my original plan was a fuel injected new 6.0L Chevy motor they have good power but most of all parts are super available and only becoming more popular by the second i can drive it all over and know exactly what its going to do even in the cold, and most of all if i decide to do a major overhaul of the engine and make serious power then it can be done no problem.BigGrin don't kill me ladies and gents I'm trying to stick the route of original that's the reason for the exhaust and what not.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter