Profile Picture

My new project. '30 Model A Tudor

Posted By mctim64 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I've been on this for a few months now, just dropped the engine and trans. in on Sat. Smile

This is what I started with.

Here it is so far.

Elwood's old engine and a beefed up C-4 with a 2500 stall converter. Wink

bla bla

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b1f2e0d6-2566-46b3-b81d-3ff3.jpg   God Bless. Smile  Tim                           http://yblockguy.com/

350ci Y-Block FED "Elwood", 301ci Y-Block Unibody LSR "Jake", 312ci Y-Block '58 F-100, 338ci Y-Block powered Model A Tudor

tim@yblockguy.com  Visalia, California    Just west of the Sequoias

57FordPU
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Sorry I missed the show at the hot rod shop on Saturday.  I bet the model A got lots of attention.  I really like the roller, especially the view from the back.  I saw pictures of Elwood there too, did you fire it up for the crowd?

Charlie Burns Laton, Ca (South of Fresno)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com
matt2491
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (83 reputation)Supercharged (83 reputation)Supercharged (83 reputation)Supercharged (83 reputation)Supercharged (83 reputation)Supercharged (83 reputation)Supercharged (83 reputation)Supercharged (83 reputation)Supercharged (83 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Yahoo! Go Tim!

_____

Billerica, MA
MoonShadow
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Geez slow down a bit your making me feel really old! A looks great and will be a head turner. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
gritsngumbo
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (168 reputation)Supercharged (168 reputation)Supercharged (168 reputation)Supercharged (168 reputation)Supercharged (168 reputation)Supercharged (168 reputation)Supercharged (168 reputation)Supercharged (168 reputation)Supercharged (168 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Looking good Tim! What are you plans for the body?

Gerald Ingram aka "Gritsngumbo"
Monroe, LA
LITTLE RED: 64 Ford F100 Short Bed Styleside
BIG RED: 63 Ford F100 Long Bed Unibody
BBW RED: 61 Ford F100 BBW Long Bed Custom Cab Unibody
BIG “UN: 63 F250 Longbed Flareside
CREW CAB: 63 F100 "Stageway" Crew Cab w/Long "Wrong" Bed
mctim64
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

It'll be a Hiboy with a 4" chop.  Not too radical but fenderless non the less.  A little something like this but not quite.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b1f2e0d6-2566-46b3-b81d-3ff3.jpg   God Bless. Smile  Tim                           http://yblockguy.com/

350ci Y-Block FED "Elwood", 301ci Y-Block Unibody LSR "Jake", 312ci Y-Block '58 F-100, 338ci Y-Block powered Model A Tudor

mctim64
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Now that the first El Mirage meet has come and gone it's time to get some work done on the "A". Derrek picked up the body from the sand blaster yesterday so when I got off work the work began.

The body is in pretty good shape but as with anything 80+ years old it has a little rot and has been repaired a few times. With most of the metal bare I had to get in there with a wire wheel and take out all the Bondo. there was two patches on the body, some on the firewall and a little on each door. I now have a new hatered for this stuff.

Grinding the stuff out! What fun!

Now blowing all the sand and dirt out.

Body ready for primer and all the little pieces laid out.

bla bla

mctim64
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Got all the pieces primered last night. Derrek will fit the body to the frame next and then the chop.

Derrek took this "high angle" shot so you guys can see my bald spot.

All ready for the next step.

bla bla

Doug T
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)Supercharged (773 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi Tim,

Looks just like "Overhaulin'" and the jpgs are almost as long lasting at the fast cuts they use on that show. I find it to be unwatchable, but your pics are great, keep 'em coming.

Doug T

The Highlands, Louisville, Ky.

aussiebill
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Timmy, i know your,ll make a real nice rod from this start, just for some inspiration this is what i started with. There seems a point of months of work and going nowhere, then bingo shes painted. Keep up with the progress pics.

YYY

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

Reading This Topic

Site Meter