Profile Picture

PVC question.

Posted By uncleaud1 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
This is basic auto 101 I know but I can't remember back that far anymore. I'm replacing the draft tube on my tbird with the pvc kit that everyone supplies and tonight while I was putting it on, for the life of me I couldn't see why it wouldn't be just a large vacuum leak with the vented oil cap and all. What am I missing. Sorry for the elementary nature of this.
Riz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (242 reputation)Supercharged (242 reputation)Supercharged (242 reputation)Supercharged (242 reputation)Supercharged (242 reputation)Supercharged (242 reputation)Supercharged (242 reputation)Supercharged (242 reputation)Supercharged (242 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
No worries about questions--i am by no means an expert ,but after some recent PCV woes i leaned quite a bit.

The PCV is meant to maintain equilibrium between the intake and the crankcase and return unburnt fuel vapor to the intake to be reburnt. It serves as an early emissions reducer, gas mileage enhancement and also to keep the corrosive vapors out of the engine. It is really only supposed to open one way when there is a pressure imbalance when the crankcase pressure is too high it bleeds it off.

When doing PCV retrofits just make sure you get the right valve direction depending on if you are fitting the valve in the valley cover or the manifold port. The wrong one will result in a vacuum leak. Or a malfunctioning or stuck valve will result in a vacuum leak as well.

Mike Rizzo

1963 F100 "Rudy"

Daniel Island, SC
Ted
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week

Here are some past threads on PCV valves.

Blocking off the road draft tu...
Crankcase evacuation
Finned valley pan and PCV valv...  
Installation of PCVvalve into the top of the block 
Installation of PCV valve at t... 
Modifying valve covers for PCV...
Valley pan PCV valve installat...
Valve cover baffle for PCV val... 
Why a PCV valve or system?

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter