Profile Picture

Turbocharged 292 stroker!!!

Posted By Hutz 292 13 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Yes, but when I ran with Chevy TBI, injector normal pressure was 13 psi/0,9 bar(Which I raised to about 1,4 bar).

I tried 55 psi with my current injectors(rated to about 45 psi) without leaks, cause high duty cycle, but I think that was not good thing to do.

So I someday bore out my injector bungs and try with those Mustang injectors which you got.

Hyvinkää, FI
Hollow Head
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hutz.... is it running yet Smile. We are waiting....

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e3fd9a79-e7c3-47ff-a648-8cd5.jpg Seppo from Järvenpää, Finland
www.hollowheads.net (just click the hole in the head to proceed)
Apache
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (347 reputation)Supercharged (347 reputation)Supercharged (347 reputation)Supercharged (347 reputation)Supercharged (347 reputation)Supercharged (347 reputation)Supercharged (347 reputation)Supercharged (347 reputation)Supercharged (347 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Yeah, I want the info on this set-up. Total cost...? Dyno sheet maybe??? :-D Ad don't forget an exhaust clip

William

1957 Ford Fairlane 500

292 Bored .30 over

Fordomatic
John Mummert
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Its looking good Robi. You guys have been busy!

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

Hutz 292
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hey everyone we got it running friday and took it out for a little driving.  Drove it more today and we realized we had to turn fuel pressure down.  We are at 30psi right now.  Found the injectors were flooding once pressure and duty cycle increased.  It is much better at now with lower pressure.  We actually just sent off the down payment for a chassis dyno so I have not brought it above 4,000 rpm yet.  Air/fuel looks good but we are gonna wait to get crazy until it's under a controlled load.  So far I am very, very impressed with the power.  You tip into the throttle and feel the engine power and immediately the turbo spools and it's fun.  I am running at 8psi max right now.  We have down some hard accelerating under boost and still all is well.  Like I said I am very impressed with the power gain.  I have a E4OD trans in this truck with 33in mud tires so when it got into o/d the truck really struggled to hold speed.  The engine is running 2,400 rpm @ 70mph so didn't have a whole lot of power at that rpm.  Went out today and did some more tuning and in o/d with t/c locked I could easily pick up speed going up hill.  I am very happy and excited with the power.  The sound also is awesome wiht a 4in straight pipe it is not to loud and a very nice turbo whistle out the exhaust.  If I left anything out just ask we have a little more tuning to do.  I will get more pics and some video.  Everything looks great we have titanium header wrap on whole exhaust.
Hollow Head
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Good work Hutz! Can't wait to see it roaring down the streets w00t. More pics about the truck and engine?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e3fd9a79-e7c3-47ff-a648-8cd5.jpg Seppo from Järvenpää, Finland
mctim64
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Looks great in print!  Where's the video? Tongue

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b1f2e0d6-2566-46b3-b81d-3ff3.jpg   God Bless. Smile  Tim                           http://yblockguy.com/

350ci Y-Block FED "Elwood", 301ci Y-Block Unibody LSR "Jake", 312ci Y-Block '58 F-100, 338ci Y-Block powered Model A Tudor

tim@yblockguy.com  Visalia, California    Just west of the Sequoias

Hutz 292
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)Supercharged (357 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hey everyone did some more tuning and having issues with the hight rpm.  Engine would cut out tun rough. My buddy asked me about the cam if it's compatible for boost.  It never crossed my mind so I called Isky racing cams (thats were I got my current cam from F300) and he said that the cam would not work very well with boost.  He said that at high rpm the cam would not breath well enough and would back up in engine.  He gave me all the details of what we need for an ideal cam.  Longer lobe separation and more intake.  He said that the cam I have is great for NA engines but not for boost.  So I am having him grind me a custom cam for my engine.  That's where we are at right now.  It's a lot of fun right now I am just learning about boost as we go.  My high stall billet torque converter showed up today.  We'll pull the engine and trans and put them cam in at the same time.  So far though the very happy the project.  I will have cam for sale now if anyone needs one.
Hollow Head
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

What will be the degrees in your new cam and what you have now? We are running 270 degree grind done here in Finland from original truck cam.I don't even know the lobe angles...Smile

charliemccraney
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Isky will know a thing or two about cams and they will get you a cam that will work better, but the Fins do have a couple boosted, injected Ys under their belts. Have you tried their suggestions?

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter