Profile Picture

Y-Block Motor and Transmission Mounts

Posted By Outlaw56 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)Supercharged (924 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have a question regarding the historical application of Y-Block Motor Mounts. If you use a manual transmission, do you mount a Y Block using the front motor mount (attached to the block behind the dampener) and the mounts on each side of the bell housing?  If you use an automatic transmission, do you use the side motor mounts on the engine block and an additional mount on the transmission? I have came across the possibility of using the front stock motor mount and a modified crossmember for an AOD attached to a 292 Y-Block. After thinking about it, I am wondering if the proper way is to abanon the stock front engine mount and use the side motor mounts and the transmission tail shaft motor mounts. Using the front motor mount and the tailshaft motor mount raises the issue of motor and engine being supported side to side instead of front and rear only.

Darrell Howard Whitefish, MT Outlaw 56 Ford F-100's

Reading This Topic

Site Meter