Profile Picture

Son's first car, bought with his money!!

Posted By texasmark1 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Actually with the on and off of a father son rebuild with the son in school I think its gone quite well. And the car looks great! He's learned a wealth of information about doing it yourself and tackling seemingly insurmountable repairs. I envy you that, my son and daughter were never interested enough to spend time with the old man in the garage. My son would hang around and hand me wrenches while I repaired his cars but that was it. Congratulations to both of you.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
texasmark1
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Looking to do some upgrading this summer on Daniel's Merc and seeking suggestions:
-want to replace the alternator with a unit with built in voltage regulator...I installed one on my 57 Fairlane but can't remember what kind....
-replace or rebuild starter perhaps one with internal solenoid...

any ideas??
thanks, Mark

"God Bless Texas"location: Houston,TX
texasmark1
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)

Sad news... having to put Daniel's Mercury up for sale.  Thanks to all who have viewed our project! 
This is the first posting I'm doing in attempts to find a good home.
Full details available upon request.

Mark

MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Very sad to hear. How is he taking it?

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

Larry Short
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Mark,

Sometimes we all have to make hard dissensions,  but tell Daniel that sometimes we get better things in return. 
Tomorrow will be a brighter day.

Larry
texasmark1
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

thanks for the kind words!
Daniel's growing up... and there's nothing I can do to stop it!
Mark

YBLOCKMERC
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)Supercharged (343 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
From what I saw, he did a lot of growing up with that car. Someone is going to get a fine old car. Good luck to him.

Marc
'54 Merc ragtop
Pt Townsend, WA   
      http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e83cf74f-a3dc-4e1a-a928-8075.jpg                                                                                                                             

MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

You've done your job of raising him now you have to trust that he will not stray far. Kids all have to do it "their way" until one day they realize they have become us. I couldn't be any prouder of my two but in there late and early 40's the still look home for some guidence occasionally. 

Y's guys rule!

PF Arcand
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
Mark: to get better coverage, you should also post it in our Classifieds.. Good luck.

Paul
texasmark1
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Update on Daniel's Mercury: its still for sale. had it on CG and ebay for a week (free listing!)... no bites. Now I have it parked at a local "park and sell" lot in town.  Drove it tonight for about 25 miles and noticed falling oil pressure.  It has a working gauge ("Low to High")' starts pit when cold at about half way between the ends of the scale and gradually falls to near the "low" end.  No real quantity of smoke out the back while driving, only a spit or two when first started up.
Any suggestions on possible causes for the low pressure?

Reading This Topic

Site Meter