Profile Picture

57Bird Front Disc Conversion with original power booster possible?

Posted By MarkMontereyBay 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

57Bird Front Disc Conversion with original power booster possible?

Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Has anyone had experience converting a 57 Tbird to front disc/drum rear using the OEM power booster? I don't want to relocate the battery. I can't see how to plumb a dual reservoir master cylinder into the system. I have heard of sending power assist to the fronts only and leaving the rear drums attached directly to the master cylinder. I am skeptical about that set up. Also looked at hydroboost but don't want to upgrade to a modern P/S pump because I think the original would be stressed too much.

57 Black Tbird 312/auto

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post 57Bird Front Disc Conversion with original power booster possible? By MarkMontereyBay ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hey Mark; i put in an Electric master cylinder in My 55 bird. works... By Eddie Paskey ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I did that conversion some years ago, and the booster on the front... By miker ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Miker,

I am leaning toward a set up like yours. What I...
By MarkMontereyBay ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'm going to try to get this right, but it's been a while. Most... By miker ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Miker,

I think we are on the right track. In the Ford...
Forum Post I used the 10 psi residual valve for the rear drums.
recommended...
By Jim Rowe ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Mark, my current set up is disc/disc, and does not have a comb. valve,... By miker ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Brake failure is the reason the parking brake function should be a... By MoonShadow ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]MoonShadow (7/14/2011)[/b][hr]Brake failure is the reason... By DANIEL TINDER ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Miker,

I could remove the original Midland power booster...
Forum Post Got a nice set of complete Granada spindles/calipers/rotor assemblies... By MarkMontereyBay ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post You will get a kick out of Roy Brizio. He is a real car guy. You may... By MoonShadow ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Chuck,

I have been to Sanderson's several times in the last...
Forum Post Bob Walker of Thunderbirds one sells a complete bolt on setup for T... By Don Woodruff ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post It is a good option for a bolt-on kit for use with the original... By MarkMontereyBay ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Mine was $1200 delivered for everything, drip tray, proportioning... By Don Woodruff ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Anybody know about this guy? Cheapest I've seen and claims new parts.... By MoonShadow ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post There is still a lot to buy with that kit. Need 15 inch wheels... By Don Woodruff ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have installed several PB systems on baby birds as well as other... By Lotsafords ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post Did you use Granada parts or an aftermarket kit? By slumlord444 ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post I've used kits from ABS power brake and DC Enterprises (also known as... By Lotsafords ( 12 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter