Profile Picture

Latham Supercharger for Sale

Posted By Oldmics 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Not mine but saw it on another Forum that I attend.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1025637-latham-supercharger-rare.html?s=c50e9e458968d7d64a78ba219986188b#post9772115

I"ve never seen such a critter before.

Oldmics

MoonShadow
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The were created so you could run a supercharger under your hood. I don't know much about them but they used the old Carter side drafts like were on the scrubvetts and Y-block interceptor boat motors. I would love to get my hands on one but I'm sure I can't afford it. They are usually up in the $4000 range. Manifold looks homemade but they did stick out quite a bit in the front. Chuck in NH

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Karol Miller ran a Latham on one of his Bonneville/Daytona Y blocks.  I think his 256" supercharged engine ran the same class as his unblown 301.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
Oldmics
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Seller is asking 3K plus shippin for it.

Oldmics

aussiebill
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Oldmics (1/5/2011)
Not mine but saw it on another Forum that I attend.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1025637-latham-supercharger-rare.html?s=c50e9e458968d7d64a78ba219986188b#post9772115

I"ve never seen such a critter before.

Oldmics

Boys, let me recount story of this same blower!! about 2 1/2 years ago it was for sale on ebay, i saved the pics for my archives. then i saw it again for sale and immediatley reconized it by the cardboard background, it was won by an australian with an ebay name something like "speedway%)* ?, thinking he may only use the blower on another type engine, i contacted him if he was indeed going to do that and i would be interested in the manifolds. i actually spoke to him and he had paid at that time by west union money order, which now is prohibited by ebay, and never received the blower and was trying with ebay to sort it out. I dont know what happened, but he was out of pocket, no blower and this "could" ????? maybe the same ploy, it is the same blower pics !!!! I,m not trying to derail this guys sale, but that was what happened!! Maybe some unscrupolus seller used this guys photo to create a fake add ,so Be wary! thats all. From my observations they came with fabricated intake manifolds.

These are some pics, the SBC pic shows the huge lower pulley that spins the allmost non existent top pulley to enormous revs, the blower case is made up of numbers of segements that lebgthen it, made for small displacement CI engines generally. regards bill.

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

Rono
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I've never seen any thing like it either. Very interesting setup. Looks like it could be the forerunner to the roots style blowers.

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

MoonShadow
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

It was actually an adaptation from the Roots type system. The idea was a low slung package to fit under modern hoods. Had a pretty good reputation for reliability. Chuck in NH

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
These are unlike the Rootes (not roots) English design blowers.  Instead of two spiral rotors running together to compress the air (Rootes), these Lathams use a series of stationary fins and rotating blades, just like a jet aircraft engine.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
winstoncupbandit
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I happen to have a vintage Latham supercharger with the 4 side draft carbs and pulleys. I also have the old but brittle charger belt. I got it from my father who passed away years ago. It's been sitting in my garage for years. Looks pretty cool and wild looking. Really don't know what I'm going to do with it Haven't figured that out yet.
bird55
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Axial type was the term as I recall?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

Reading This Topic

Site Meter