Profile Picture

y-block lifters

Posted By lameyer 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (94 reputation)Supercharged (94 reputation)Supercharged (94 reputation)Supercharged (94 reputation)Supercharged (94 reputation)Supercharged (94 reputation)Supercharged (94 reputation)Supercharged (94 reputation)Supercharged (94 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Does a 292 use the same style of lifters as the 272?

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post y-block lifters By lameyer ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post 239, 256, 272, 292, and 312 all use the same lifters. By Butch Lawson ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thank's By lameyer ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post lamyer: If you are buying new lifters, be careful! There are some off... By PF Arcand ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post There were at least three different types of factory tappets. Two... By Dennis K. ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post It would be great to get to the bottom of this issue of what lifter... By Barry L ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here's a pic of the broken lifter from JC 's engine . Barry By Barry L ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Re the failure, was anyone able to tell if that was the root cause or... By Dennis K. ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Not a pretty sight.

Do you know were the tappet was located...
By marvh ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'll have to check with Jerry C. about part numbers. He did say the... By Barry L ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Just pulled our 312 down today and surprisingly half the lifter fell... By EBird1 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]EBird1 (3/7/2011)[/b][hr]Just pulled our 312 down today and... By Ted ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hate to say it but I think your right. That break does look too... By EBird1 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Knowing Jerry and his intended use for this engine, I'm sure it had a... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I’ll add that pushrod clearance issues at the heads and/or... By Ted ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post So what do you guy's think of Elgin valve train part's? I plan on... By lameyer ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]lameyer (1/2/2011)[/b][hr]So what do you guy's think of... By Ted ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yes, both hardness and case depth. There are ways of checking with... By Dennis K. ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post What sort of experimentation has been done with using different... By GREENBIRD56 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I was there when Jerry C's lifter failed... His engine was running on... By RB ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Royce, thanks for the flywheels, I took a pass on the block. As to the... By Barry L ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Barry I sure would not risk it if I was unsure of my lifters origin.... By marvh ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Has anybody spoken to Vern about the failure. I gotta admit that I"m a... By Oldmics ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Oldmics (1/4/2011)[/b][hr]Has anybody spoken to Vern about... By aussiebill ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I always bank on the old original USA stuff .My vote is Wohlert, just... By speedpro56 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post If I read the article correctly in the latest issue, #101 of YBM,... By PF Arcand ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted: A thought based on your observation about the undercut on the... By PF Arcand ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]PF Arcand (1/6/2011)[/b][hr]Ted: A thought based on your... By Ted ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post In reading the YBM article on Jerry's engine, it was stated the broken... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hi John, The broken rocker was a stock style with bronze bushing and... By Barry L ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Another scenario could be that the broken rocker arm jammed under the... By Y block Billy ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post A little bit more about the problems on Jerry's EMC engine...We... By RB ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Y block Billy (1/8/2011)[/b][hr]Ted, On the undercutting,... By Ted ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I've seen some good bushed rockers in the past but generally I stay... By mctim64 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have used the bushed rockers and have had no problems either. I like... By marvh ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted: A late tool shop machinist friend of mine referred to those... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Hoosier Hurricane (1/10/2011)[/b][hr]Ted: A late tool shop... By Dennis K. ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted, Dennis, All good points there, I do think some of the undercuts... By Y block Billy ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Not strength, flexibility. It essentially makes the part tougher,... By charliemccraney ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post "Flexibility" is a good term, many things that are made "tougher"... By mctim64 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Bill/ Charlie, In simple terms, so I can understand it. If you... By pegleg ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I understand. I should rephrase. Flexibility, per Ted's explanation,... By charliemccraney ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Great analogy,Charlie! By PWH42 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post There are basically three reasons to provide an undercut radius - the... By GREENBIRD56 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post As I understand it, it's the lines of strain that get concentrated at... By pcmenten ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote]Also, was there enough of the right kind of ZDDP in the oil?... By pegleg ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]pegleg (1/12/2011)[/b][hr]. Like to see photos of the cam... By mctim64 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Good thread guys! Steve, Thanks for the engineering graphs.... By Ted ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Very good stuff Guy's. I thought Royce mentioned there were no... By Y block Billy ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post There was no wear pattern of any kind on either the lifter or the cam... By RB ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Royce. I think must of us are just grasping for something... By Ted ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post I had a long talk we Vern Schumann today and the subject of Jerry's... By John Mummert ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]John Mummert (1/14/2011)[/b] If you are using .502" OD... By DANIEL TINDER ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]DANIEL TINDER (1/15/2011)[/b][hr]John/Ted, Since... By Ted ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post John . Thanks for the input. I have never seen a flat... By Ted ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks for the clarity John, Now I am wondering if it wouldn't be... By Y block Billy ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Y block Billy (1/16/2011)[/b][hr]Thanks for the clarity... By DANIEL TINDER ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post And babying the motor until some guide wear is realized likely not... By DANIEL TINDER ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Jerry C took the heads to R&R Performance in Spring Lake Park MN.... By RB ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Royce . Was it an intake or exhaust lifter that broke? Just... By Ted ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted, I checked with Jerry and it was an intake valve that had the... By RB ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post That is a :crying: picture. Doubt if it is possible but sure hope... By 46yblock ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Agree that it is a fresh break, also a break as such would not have... By Y block Billy ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Royce, I would be curious to know what the actual guide clearance on... By John Mummert ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post John, the clearance on the guides varied from .001 to .0013. Jerry had... By RB ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Royce . Pass on to Jerry that I worked on an early model... By Ted ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Further on lifter failures; the latest issue of YBM, issue #102,... By PF Arcand ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post No evidence of valve hitting piston when we pulled the head and no... By RB ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Royce, ain't no how, ain't no way I would bolt those heads back on... By John Mummert ( 13 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter