Profile Picture

BonnevilleComet

Posted By 57FordPU 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Just a tear down at this point.  Anyone can blow a car apart, but will I be able to pull off a real race car fabrication capable of much higher speeds?  I'm sure I'll need plenty of recommendations and help to steer me along, so please feel free to comment or recommend.  After all, I feel like this is our project.

Next will be a Mustang II front suspension, narrowed 9" rear, Y-Block and T-5 mockup for crossmembers and engine mounts.

I will be working hard to get this thing to look like a race car.  My imagination works well, but a glimpse of the finished product sure helps the inspiration.

Charlie Burns Laton, Ca (South of Fresno)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post BonnevilleComet By 57FordPU ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Y-Guy Charlie: Looking from the rear, of your "Fireball... By yehaabill ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post awesome start charlie.. can't wait to see it unfold.. did you have any... By bloodyknucklehill ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Bill, I'm all for "stabilize". Tell Reed I need help on the... By 57FordPU ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Are aero rear fender skirts allowed? and inset the rear wheels? Also... By bird55 ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well, Charlie... we are dreaming about these big ones. And, I mean two... By Hollow Head ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie, didn't the 59 scrub have trouble with that rear fender set up... By Ketterbros ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Awesome Charlie! You made a lot of progress since I was there a... By BIGREDTODD ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Alan, There are four basic classes for a sedan like the Comet.... By 57FordPU ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Seppo, Is bigger really better? I know it would look better! Please... By 57FordPU ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post i wish i could help more with the turbos.. all of my experience with... By bloodyknucklehill ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Dustin, I am still in the gathering info mode, but I would like to run... By 57FordPU ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sounds like a talk with Reed is in order:
By charliemccraney ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]charliemccraney (12/14/2009)[/b][hr]Sounds like a talk with... By mctim64 ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post First I needed to make room for the Y-Block and headers by removing... By 57FordPU ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Darn, you guys are quick! Every time you post progress I want to get... By MoonShadow ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]57FordPU (12/18/2009)[/b][hr] Next will be the installation... By BIGREDTODD ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Chuck, minus 22 here at the moment! No need to go outside, just having... By Hollow Head ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post You guys need one of those Y powered wind machines to blow the warm... By mctim64 ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Y-Guy Charlie: I saw where you're going with a 9" rear diff.... By yehaabill ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Not to answer for charlie but im not sure a 7.5 will handle a twin... By bloodyknucklehill ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Bill and Dustin, The bolt in Bronco II 8.8 sure sounded good. I... By 57FordPU ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie, I am using a 57 ford housing in my 67 Falcon. The 57 9"... By Glen Henderson ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post I seem to recall that back when, the guys building early... By kidcourier ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post The holidays have taken it's toll on the progress of the... By 57FordPU ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Did you use the front springs from a Mustang II Cobra? By Ol'ford nut ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Actually, I haven't purchased the springs yet. I am waiting to see... By 57FordPU ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]57FordPU (12/28/2009)[/b][hr]Tomorrow the frame gets cut to... By BIGREDTODD ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie - Great project underway! Top speed runs rule. Are you going... By GREENBIRD56 ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Steve, Excellent questions. I am walking a thin line between gas... By 57FordPU ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie: Back to the rear. I have heard somewhere that the rear... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post I think John is going the right way with this - in the last year or so... By GREENBIRD56 ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post This is the Mikronite site I found - interesting stuff.......... By GREENBIRD56 ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok -So we're not really working hard at our regular engineering jobs... By GREENBIRD56 ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post I was doing a little tounge-in-cheek about the 8-10 mph gain with a... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post Y-Guys: While we are on this subject,of trying to utilize every... By yehaabill ( 15 Years Ago )
Forum Post I’ll add to what John and Steve have brought up regarding rear end... By Ted ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post I seem to remember some early racers talking about "Chromed" rear... By MoonShadow ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]MoonShadow (1/1/2010)[/b][hr]I seem to remember some early... By Ted ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post No actually it was in reference to the rear end itself. I've seen... By MoonShadow ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hey, guys, great thread on parasitic drag from the 3rd member. I... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Never said I knew very much, but wow, I just learned more about a... By bird55 ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Alan, We'll be looking for you, and bring your work clothes. By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post By the way, I looked in the SCTA Bonneville/El Mirage rule book and... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post WELLLLLL ???? By Park Olson ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Park, nice to hear from you...............WELLLL, what? By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Any progress on the Comet?? By Park Olson ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Not much to show, family, family, family...........I know I have the... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post It sure is coming along nicely. I think we are both ready to smell... By 57 ranchwagon ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie the Comet is lookin good.. I might be coming down in May for... By bloodyknucklehill ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post 57 ranchwagon, Thanks for the comment. Yes, I am ready to smell some... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Dustin, It would be great to see you in May. Tim and I will be at... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post i hear you.. before i ever owned a tubocharged car it all seemed like... By bloodyknucklehill ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post and there maybe a more-door gasser in my future as well, going to call... By bloodyknucklehill ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Dustin, Important question regarding exhaust. The rules will allow... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie, I see you mentioned coming to "Maine-iac" country to try out... By Y block Billy ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Billy, Loring ran in August last year and as of now, there is no... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post My Hands are always dirty, maybe I could wash them for the ride. By Y block Billy ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post If this works I just found a good view of it with some links to the... By Y block Billy ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie, I just found on the LTA forum that the dates have been... By Y block Billy ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post It Did copy and paste after all but was not showing up on my end until... By Y block Billy ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks for the info Billy, I have logged it in. Now, it's back in the... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post LOOKING GREAT CHARLIE!! Just curious...what are the rules governing... By BIGREDTODD ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Todd. The Classic class (1981 and older) has a benefit of not... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ride height is set, now to secure the suspension and axle to the... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie, I did a job under the hood of a 60 comet for a guy about 5... By Y block Billy ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post That's scary! That guy is lucky the steering box didn't fall out... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post They sure do, thats why my cars come from out that way. I welded in... By Y block Billy ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post The new Popular hot rodding is asking for reader projects, pictures... By glrbird ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie... Being a Falcon nut/other bird, I like your choice of front... By Ketterbros ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Gary, Thanks for the recommendation. I will pick up a copy and see... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Bill, this one is for you.............. With all the race car... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Another look at the Mustang II IFS crossmember. Something a little... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post A watts link. A design first used on steam engines. By charliemccraney ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post That crossmember looks right at home Charlie. Once you fill in the... By BIGREDTODD ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post This is a Chris Alston's Chassisworks 12 point roll cage kit. By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Looks like Charlie's motivated and ready to go to work. :D By mctim64 ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Timmy, i think the roll bar may be for his pushbike??:P By aussiebill ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Charlie, after watching you climb into the brick, and the way this one... By BIGREDTODD ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post They don't call you "Big"redtodd for nothing. I'm over 6 foot and 220... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post It took some carving to fit the Quick Time bell and T-5 in the trans... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Gee, dosen't Charlie drive with hand controls!:cool: Love the projects... By MoonShadow ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Room for the feet is a real concern. I ran into that problem with the... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post There have been a few comments about the bike since our crash. We are... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Charlie says[/b][hr]There are only two kind of riders, those... By pegleg ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yep, shortly after this picture in 1968 I went all the way over... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post In goes the Y-Block. Lots of room with the shock towers gone.... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]57FordPU (6/4/2010)[/b][hr]Yep, shortly after this picture... By pegleg ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post I don't remember if it was Moe or Curly who said, "Hey, I resemble... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Certainly fills that Comet up! Hope there's room for your feet!... By pegleg ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post "Biking is not for the faint of heart" great quote from a guy who... By glrbird ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post looks good :D By y-block don ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Too bad they won't work, they sure LOOK trick. Hilborn say why, or is... By pegleg ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post How about something like this on a sheet metal manifold and a turbo... By glrbird ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post This is nice to know too... :D... By Hollow Head ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sorry for not being more clear. My statement that Hilborn gave me the... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]57FordPU (6/14/2010)[/b][hr]...The unit is called the... By BIGREDTODD ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have seen the "Toilet Bowl" setup on a few Pro Mustangs. They work. By pegleg ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post hey charlie. did kinsler make F.I. for a Y or are those converted to... By yalincoln ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Wayne, I'm not sure if Kinsler ever made FI units for a Y-Block or a... By 57FordPU ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post thanks charlie, good luck with the brick. can't waite to hear how you... By yalincoln ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post bump By 57FordPU ( 10 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter