Profile Picture

Fuel pump question

Posted By DryLakesRacer 5 days ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
That hole on the fuel pump body is a vent.

DryLakesRacer
Posted 5 days ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.2K reputation)Supercharged (4.2K reputation)Supercharged (4.2K reputation)Supercharged (4.2K reputation)Supercharged (4.2K reputation)Supercharged (4.2K reputation)Supercharged (4.2K reputation)Supercharged (4.2K reputation)Supercharged (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
I have a USA rebuilt made in America double action Y block fuel pump I am preparing to install. I do not use the upper section for the windshield wiper motor and that section has a vented hose between the steel tubes. 
My question whether or not you need the body breather hole when you have a PCV system installed. I believe the hole goes into the section where the arm to the actuator on the camshaft is and technically the internal crankcase which would be a suction leak to the system. What are your thoughts.
 I ask because none of the 70-80’s mechanical pumps I’ve installed on other engines don’t  have a breather hole. 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter