Profile Picture

Water pump help

Posted By 58F600 Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Hey guys. We're finally on the road and the truck is doing well. We are having trouble controlling the heat on long hills and I think the water pump is part of the problem.

So, seeing how truck water pumps are NLA. I was looking at doing the swap to a car pump. I see the Mumert spacer, but I don't have a way to get one on the road. We will be at Summit in Reno tomorrow to get a replacement fan.

Can I install a car pump and a generic Ford pulley (that summit might have in stock) of some kind and have the pulleys line up? The water pump is running off the groove closest to the block.

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Water pump help By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post I don't think there is a pulley that will line up but you will be able... By charliemccraney ( Last Month )
Forum Post I think I used a pulley from a '66 or '68 mustang...was a little... By Deyomatic ( Last Month )
Forum Post The thermostat that Deyomatic mentions is THM6. It is a 170 degree... By paul2748 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Stopped at Napa and tried to get the #6 thermostat, but not in stock.... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post You may want to check your belt width with the pulley you are... By Tazx100 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Great pics. Thanks for sharing. You do not mention it or I... By Ted ( Last Month )
Forum Post Our current pump is the 3/4" piloted truck pump(engine is all 62-64... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Gentlemen! A heat felt thanks for the ideas and advice. New car pump... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Spoke too soon. As soon as we got on the highway up to speed the temp... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Stopped at O'Reilly's and tested the brand new radiator cap and found... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Howdy, I think I am probably going to be worrying about the same... By HT32BSX115 ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote][b]HT32BSX115 (9/8/2024)[/b][hr] Howdy, I think I am... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post This can't be helping. Hot tip: use stainless for the cross over... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post I LOVE those pictures! Your 58 F-600 is VERY COOL (maybe the coolant... By HT32BSX115 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Looking at the fan to radiator distance, you might not need a shroud... By paul2748 ( Last Month )
Forum Post You're right it is quite a ways away. It was intentional when I was... By HT32BSX115 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Sadly that didn't make much difference. Still having to use the... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Do you know the rear end ratio? Trans type? Engine RPM at road speed?... By KULTULZ ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote][b]KULTULZ (9/13/2024)[/b][hr] Do you know the rear end... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote][b]58F600 (9/13/2024)[/b][hr] Sadly that didn't make much... By HT32BSX115 ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote][b]HT32BSX115 (9/14/2024)[/b][hr] [quote][b]58F600... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote]Rear end is 5.83/8.11 Trans is a T98a, 4th gear is direct. No... By KULTULZ ( Last Month )
Forum Post It has lived its whole life on a ranch in Eastern Oregon. Probably... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Howdy, I'm wondering if you heard anything about the "new" impeller?... By HT32BSX115 ( Last Month )
Forum Post High flow impeller is in the mail! I also have a few thermocouples... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Wow! 19 PSI would probably blow the top or bottom tank clean off my... By HT32BSX115 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Impeller was $80, $96 with shipping and tax. By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post The more I test and measure the dumber I get! Haha Got some time to... By 58F600 ( 2 Weeks Ago )
Forum Post I wonder if it isn't an airflow thing at all but more of a coolant... By HT32BSX115 ( 2 Weeks Ago )
Forum Post I think it's both and I'm going to rely on testing and data to prove... By 58F600 ( 2 Weeks Ago )
Forum Post I don't want to spike the ball early, but the first test with the... By 58F600 ( 2 Weeks Ago )
Forum Post It really sounds like airflow is the key when the engine is generating... By HT32BSX115 ( 2 Weeks Ago )
Forum Post I think we finally got it. Got the FlowKooler impeller installed... By 58F600 ( Last Week )
Forum Post Although it certainly improved coolant flow, it sounds like maybe the... By HT32BSX115 ( Last Week )
Forum Post I think it'll really be evident when we get it loaded. It has helped,... By 58F600 ( Last Week )
Forum Post That shroud is blocking a significant amount of airflow. It may not... By charliemccraney ( Last Month )
Forum Post Home is 2500 miles away on the other side of the Rockies! We went to... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post The Studebaker guys found that the brand new aluminum radiator was... By Hoosier Hurricane ( Last Month )
Forum Post "tested the brand new radiator cap and found it weak and leaking... By KULTULZ ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote][b]KULTULZ (9/6/2024)[/b][hr] "tested the brand new... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Have you verified that the temperature indication is correct? 145... By charliemccraney ( Last Month )
Forum Post Yes the temp reading is verified correct. The #304 thermostat is a... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post My suggestion was already covered. By Saltshaker ( Last Month )
Forum Post How is your lower radiator hose ? A soft hose maybe collapsing at the... By 57RancheroJim ( Last Month )
Forum Post I would try removing the shroud. Most OEM shrouds are contoured to... By charliemccraney ( Last Month )
Forum Post With shopping if you come across a 12v pump like a windshield washer... By DryLakesRacer ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote][b]DryLakesRacer (9/6/2024)[/b][hr] With shopping if you... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote][b]charliemccraney (9/6/2024)[/b][hr] I would try removing... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post 1) 10-4 on the lower hose collapsing @ speed. It has to have a SS... By KULTULZ ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote][b]KULTULZ (9/7/2024)[/b][hr] 1) 10-4 on the lower hose... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post "One thing I did notice is one of the exhaust cross overs seems to... By KULTULZ ( Last Month )
Forum Post Getting better! I'll read everyone's replies and respond later. It's... By 58F600 ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote]I'll probably order the FlowKooler pump as well.[/quote] Just... By KULTULZ ( Last Month )
Forum Post Just now looked at their site and it appears that they replace the... By HT32BSX115 ( Last Month )
Forum Post That's good to know! I'm going to stick with the car pump as you... By 58F600 ( Last Month )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter