Profile Picture

Georotor oil pump question

Posted By cos Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Hello Members  Have a quick question.  I picked up a new cast iron georotor  after market pump  many years ago. Getting ready to use it and noticed  it had no relief valve or spring in it.  Can anyone here tell me if spur gear pumps and georotor  use same valve and spring?  Have many gear pump cores but no georotors to compare. Thanks Cos
charliemccraney
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
In this thread, http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic133095.aspx I made a statement that they are slightly different but didn't take pictures or try to describe it.  So they are not the same but I don't know that that means they won't work.

There are pictures in that thread of one iron gerotor with a stock style bypass which may help you decide.  The other has a ball valve and you can ignore that regarding your question.

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
This adds to Charlie's post.

While the valve itself is the same, the springs are different.  Here are a couple more links to past threads on the subject.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/FindPost154838.aspx 
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/FindPost22736.aspx

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

cos
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Thanks for quick replies Charlie and Ted. Will put nose to ground and look for a AL georotor pump. One I have has threaded plug on relief valve bore. Cos

Reading This Topic

Site Meter