Profile Picture

Emergency Brake cable

Posted By DryLakesRacer Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
The emergency brake cable at the end of the handle of our 1956 Ford is fraying and not letting the cable fully release. Is there anything I should be aware of after lowering the handle mechanism to get the cable ball to disconnect or come out. It appears I should remove the threaded adjuster rod nuts first under the car. 
Any suggestions are welcome. At 79 it’s getting tougher to do the tasks I didn’t think I would ever need to do. 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
carl
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I probably have a new cable if you find out you need one   carl
DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks…Already ordered. The convertible is 6” longer. X subframe must make a difference..

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter