Profile Picture

Camshaft question

Posted By 1946international Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Before I swap in my rebuilt 292 into my '30 Model A Tudor should I reconsider the camshaft that is in it? The car is a Model A with a '48 Ford banjo rear with 3.73 gears and 750X16 tires. The motor has stock style pistons 0.40 " oversize and "G" heads, offenhauser 3 two intake with three 94's. I'm a little concerned that the exhaust opens late compared to some other cams and just don't want to be disappointed once it is in the car.     

The camshaft in the rebuilt motor is a new Comp Cam unit with:
.471" Gross lift both intake & exhaust
at .050" lift intake opens at 4* BTDC closes at 40* ABDC
at .050" lift exhaust opens at 43* BBDC closes at 7* ATDC
Duration @ .050" intake, 224* exhaust 230*
lobe lift , .3140 both intake & exhaust
lobe separation 108*

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Camshaft question By 1946international ( Last Year )
Forum Post My personal experience with a Comp Cams camshaft was that they ground... By Joe-JDC ( Last Year )
Forum Post 1946, just going by the numbers, your cam and induction system won't... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post I would reconsider it because f the issues Joe states. I think the... By charliemccraney ( Last Year )
Forum Post Yes, I read the info on this intake and know it is a poor performer, I... By 1946international ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]1946international (11/28/2023)[/b][hr]... With all that... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Hello 1946 If I read specs right, I just order that cam ( Teds... By cos ( Last Year )
Forum Post Boy...not to hijack the post, but unless I am missing something, ISKY... By Deyomatic ( Last Year )
Forum Post Check out Summit Racing, they have 3 listings for Howards Camshafts,... By Joe-JDC ( Last Year )
Forum Post Ted Eaton (eatonbalancing.com) will tell you everything you want to... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]Deyomatic (11/28/2023)[/b][hr] Boy...not to hijack the post,... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Thank you all for bringing up the issue with the Comp Cams cam being... By 1946international ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]1946international (11/27/2023)[/b][hr] The camshaft in the... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post I think when I installed it, I put it at 2* advanced but can change... By 1946international ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]1946international (12/1/2023)[/b][hr]... Thanks for your... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post checked the cam card, would the "duration @ .015 tappet lift " be what... By 1946international ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]1946international (12/3/2023)[/b][hr] Checked the cam card,... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Ted, thank you so much for your input and time on this. So are you... By 1946international ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]1946international (12/5/2023)[/b][hr]... So are you still... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Great, The car runs very good on those carbs, idle is dependable at... By 1946international ( Last Year )
Forum Post 850-900 rpm idle is too high. Do you have trouble with run-on once the... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post Depends on the engine. My street driven F code clone with a longer... By miker ( Last Year )
Forum Post No run on at all By 1946international ( Last Year )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter