Profile Picture

292 rod bolts

Posted By Ronfox69 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Have a 1955 mercury 292 that I need a set of rod bolts for. The rod is EBU. Have a new set of arp 9005 bolts but they won't work. The heads of the bolts will have to be ground which arp told me. Arp said they haven't made that bolt for 2 years. The problem is the threads on the new bolt are about 1/4 inch too short. Arp told me that I couldn't use a die to thread the bolts longer
Said their threads are rolled. I am going to try to post a picture of the old and new bolts side by side. Thanks for reading. Ron Fox
Cliff
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I use for a 292 rod, Ford 390 bolts and for a 312 Ford, 400 SBC bolts
Ronfox69
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)

Thanks I will look into that
Ronfox69
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago
Ron.  I looked at the 154-6005 bolts I have here and length wise, the threads are long enough for the EBU rods.  As a general rule, I use 0.006” as the value for the total amount of material removed from the rod and cap interface when resizing the rod big ends.  Most of the time I get by with a total of 0.002”-0.003” cut from the rod and cap interface for resizing purposes.  If your rods have been heavily milled or cut in preparation for resizing, then there’s a chance that the ARP bolt threads will be too short.

I looked at the alternative ARP rod bolts (150-6005) I have used for the EBU rods and they are the same overall and thread length as the 154-6005 bolt set.  Here are a couple of pictures of the alternative bolt set from ARP.  Both the 154-6005 and 150-6005 bolt sets are too long for the ECZ, C1TE, and C2AE connecting rods.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/390463df-14ca-4a54-974b-fa7d.jpg  

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/bda31db8-4f9b-4fb2-9579-3b3f.jpg  

If the bolts you have are the ones you purchased from me, I’ll be glad to take them back and refund your money.  Just shoot me an email back to the shop address.  

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

panel driver
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I have seen some posts about the availability of rod bolts for the y block. 
I saw this company at the Sema last year. The company is called OptiTorque, 
phone number is 315 924 3888 they are located in NY.  They may be of some help. 
Just throwing it out there.  

Located in Harford County Maryland 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter